E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UK E60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Haha!!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: It's an E60 545I 6 speed.

Hey guys I plan on visiting Europe next year. Where are some places I should see? And where should I fly to? (good hotel rates, reasonable resteraunt prices, etc.) One thing I want to do is drink tons of beer in a pub somewhere. haha I can't wait. Cheers.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Anyone fancy a Minges coffee? Had to laugh when I saw this in my local German supermarket today.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by Aviator' post='757169' date='Jan 1 2009, 06:32 PM
Hey guys I plan on visiting Europe next year. Where are some places I should see? And where should I fly to? (good hotel rates, reasonable resteraunt prices, etc.) One thing I want to do is drink tons of beer in a pub somewhere. haha I can't wait. Cheers.
Depends on what sort of things you want to be close by to mate. London? Smaller towns, seaside, countryside, historical areas etc.... What are your needs bro!! PM me if you like mate...
Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Aviator' post='757169' date='Jan 1 2009, 07:32 PM
That's almost an unanswerable question. Europe's around as big as the USA and consists of a lot of countries. I'm in Germany and that borders 9 other European countries, and there's plenty it doesn't. Asking what you should visit in "Europe" is almost like asking what we should visit if we're going to see North America. The options are vast. You'd probably be better off looking for some websites with european vacations and making a note of everything you'd like to see and seeing how much you can fit in. With the exchange rates at the moment for the $ vs Euro, nothing's going to be cheap. For the GBP it's a lot better now than it was 6 months ago, but that doesn't make it cheap either, it's just cheaper than it was. I've been to almost all of western europe and have lots of pics in my online albums if you want to take a look: http://dd.fotopic.net

If you like party action, you can't beat Munich in late September (Oktoberfest), Amsterdam and Berlin at any time, or Ibiza in the summer. If you like beautiful landscapes, I recommend Norway and Switzerland, with Scotland and the Lake District in England an acceptable substitute. My two favourite places of all though, which technically are in Europe, are Greenland and Iceland (with Norway's Lofoten Islands a close third). For history, you can't beat Rome and Florence. If you feel the need to see the leaning tower, then Pisa could be included, but after seeing Florence, you're really only going there to say you saw the tower. I wouldn't come all this way without seeing London and most people want to see Paris (not my thing).
Old 01-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5 2006 SAPPHIRE BLACK

`If you like party action, you can't beat Munich in late September (Oktoberfest), Amsterdam and Berlin at any time, or Ibiza in the summer`.

Get yourself down to Ibiza(jun,july,aug).....PACHA,SPACE,EDEN,EL DIVINO,AMNESIA etc... oh well those were the days...
Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 523i M-Sport

Hi all

I spoke to a company in Hertfordshire called R-Tec who are quiet well known in the modified car world. They have thier own showroom and multi-bay fitting area.
I was enquiring about getting a set of Eibach Pro Springs put on the E60, and the chap said he could supply but not fit due to the BMW's Aluminium suspension setup, and something about not having the right tooling for the job?

Does anyone know anything about this? These guys work on some mad motors, so I was quiet surprised when they said they couldn't fit springs.

Sag
Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d m sport brabus forfour 2008 cbr1000rr 2005 cbr1000rr 2001 rc51

Hi guys

just brought 06 530d m sport

carbon black, black leather, media pack, hud, + a few more options

will post up some pics later

Matt
Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by palmer02' post='760831
carbon black, black leather, media pack, hud, + a few more options
will post up some pics later
Congrats on the cool ride.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: It's an E60 545I 6 speed.

Originally Posted by Jon M5' post='759148
That's almost an unanswerable question. Europe's around as big as the USA and consists of a lot of countries. I'm in Germany and that borders 9 other European countries, and there's plenty it doesn't. Asking what you should visit in "Europe" is almost like asking what we should visit if we're going to see North America. The options are vast. You'd probably be better off looking for some websites with european vacations and making a note of everything you'd like to see and seeing how much you can fit in. With the exchange rates at the moment for the $ vs Euro, nothing's going to be cheap. For the GBP it's a lot better now than it was 6 months ago, but that doesn't make it cheap either, it's just cheaper than it was. I've been to almost all of western europe and have lots of pics in my online albums if you want to take a look: http://dd.fotopic.net

If you like party action, you can't beat Munich in late September (Oktoberfest), Amsterdam and Berlin at any time, or Ibiza in the summer. If you like beautiful landscapes, I recommend Norway and Switzerland, with Scotland and the Lake District in England an acceptable substitute. My two favourite places of all though, which technically are in Europe, are Greenland and Iceland (with Norway's Lofoten Islands a close third). For history, you can't beat Rome and Florence. If you feel the need to see the leaning tower, then Pisa could be included, but after seeing Florence, you're really only going there to say you saw the tower. I wouldn't come all this way without seeing London and most people want to see Paris (not my thing).
Thanks guys. I guess I should have been more specific on my question about Europe. I realize it's as big as the US, with lot's of countries. I was just wondering on going somewhere that I could see some history, have a great time, not get killed, and be some place that's not so touristy I guess. I would love to see London though, and definitely Rome.

I guess I'll do some hardcore price checking on European vacation like you say, and get back to you guys. Cheers!

Quick Reply: UK E60 Sub-Forum