E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UGH

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by bha7176
No, didn't you read - you continue to drive your nice expensive BMW in it. Its an engineering wonder and repels salt. Just drive it in the salt and cinders and let it get all scratched up, rusted, dull and just bad ass looking then sell it to some dumb ass and buy or lease your new 2012 M5 man, come on. You just need to have the skills to be able to drive it, to avoid the salt and cinders and icy parts of the road. Are you a retard who can't drive in the snow or what?

Sorry guys, just absurd some of the post that I see on here.
i agree hahahhaha that post earlier was "ridiculous", germany engineered it to repel salt and withstand negative E60 windchill blows up to 80 mph and oh yeah black ice! when all else fails remember that we bought a bmw. so we should just drive it.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

No, didn't you read - you continue to drive your nice expensive BMW in it. Its an engineering wonder and repels salt. Just drive it in the salt and cinders and let it get all scratched up, rusted, dull and just bad ass looking then sell it to some dumb ass and buy or lease your new 2012 M5 man, come on. You just need to have the skills to be able to drive it, to avoid the salt and cinders and icy parts of the road. Are you a retard who can't drive in the snow or what?

Sorry guys, just absurd some of the post that I see on here.

I read it.. you sure can drive it... but I'm willing to bet that two identical cars one living in a non salt environment and one living in a salt environment, the one in the non salt will fair better in the long run.

German engineering is not engineered to last a lifetime, maybe a few years after warranty, perhaps 2X warranty period... the harsh environment will take a toll on your German engineered car.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
I read it.. you sure can drive it... but I'm willing to bet that two identical cars one living in a non salt environment and one living in a salt environment, the one in the non salt will fair better in the long run.

German engineering is not engineered to last a lifetime, maybe a few years after warranty, perhaps 2X warranty period... the harsh environment will take a toll on your German engineered car.

im pretty sure he was being sarcastic, referring to a previous post... but anyways lemme borrow that corolla...
Old 01-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

It's not so much the salt and sand that bothers me. It's the car wash - most of the year I hand wash but this time of the year..I'm at the mercy of the scrubbing bubbles
Old 01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009.5 E60 550i MSport 2011 E90 ///M3 ZCP

oh yeah? so you drive your M3 all over the place in the snow do ya? bullshit. You wouldn't get more than a few miles down the road until you got stuck along the side of the road and one of us in a 4 wheel drive had to pull over and 'assist' you. Seriously?!?!?
not to be personal but I DRIVE my M3 everyday in the snow, and it wa way better thank that pos 535xi I bought. Funny thing, the M diff with snow tires handles way better than my awd car.

Also, I had to get put of my m3 to help my neighbor who was stuck in snow with his x5 4.4 pretty fail to me.

To OP, I think you should just sell your car, I think it's so harmful omg omg omg hope you didn't chip your nail princess.
I drive my M3 and my AMG in snow, rain, slush all the time, if you know how to take care of your car, it doesn't matter what at u drive. my boss drives his vette in snow lol
Old 01-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I hate to burst anyones bubble. Bt myM3 drives just as good in the snow as any other car ive had. Its not an exotic lambo or a bugatti here. Im paying for it, so ik driving it. Period. And as Kerry stated, i do also believe that these cars are made to handle anything. Hence all the big bucks. Youvegot the best of both worlds. Sorry if you disagree, but i drive my M3 in the snow better then some gyys drive there 4 wheel drive trucks!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009.5 E60 550i MSport 2011 E90 ///M3 ZCP

Mel, FTW.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Contributors

To OP, I think you should just sell your car, I think it's so harmful omg omg omg hope you didn't chip your nail princess.
I drive my M3 and my AMG in snow, rain, slush all the time, if you know how to take care of your car, it doesn't matter what at u drive. my boss drives his vette in snow lol

"it doesn't matter what at u drive"

regardless of your sentance structure. I get your point... I am sorry I tried to start a funny thread about winter and the downfalls of keeping a nice car clean. I just looked for a venting point after spending 15 minutes getting ice off my car before work. I will refrain from any venting in the future... but just so you know I have no interest selling my car, I love it just not in this weather. I do know how to take care of it as well. Honestly I was not expecting this kind of response, but since i did go at a high post member earlier I guess i had it coming. You m3 winter drivers apparently stick together!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Sluis530
I just have to say that I hate having a nice car in the winter. I love my car so much and hate to see it covered in ice, being scraped off, salt on the carpets, salt everywhere. THIS is the last winter I will drive this or any other BMW I buy. If anyone else feels this way post your winter HATE here...... and oh yeah west coast people are lucky, so lucky.
I drive an XI and I love driving it in the snow.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gerrypd
I drive an XI and I love driving it in the snow.
nice! this thread took a turn for the worse.. I originally just wanted to share that I hate keeping my car clean in the winter. I was in no way complaing about how it handles in snow or bad conditions ( it actually performs great ). I guess when I said " Ill never drive this or any BMW in the winter" i went too far. Well on that note im done... hopefully this thread is too omg omg omg omg.. i think i just broke a nail

Quick Reply: UGH