E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UGH

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

Originally Posted by poleposition
As a matter of fact, I do drive the M all over the place in the snow. The right set of tires and proper knowledge of how to drive in the conditions allows you to do so with ease. The only thing that stops me from taking the M is deep snow because the car is so low. Anything else, it can and has handled.
+1

My '08 550 m-sport is a daily driver all year round, and we have nasty winters up here. Other than swapping the 172's for a set of 17" rims with winter tires, the car's good to go. Ditto on the deep snow... those days are when the family X3 comes in handy!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Sluis530
To OP, I think you should just sell your car, I think it's so harmful omg omg omg hope you didn't chip your nail princess.
I drive my M3 and my AMG in snow, rain, slush all the time, if you know how to take care of your car, it doesn't matter what at u drive. my boss drives his vette in snow lol

"it doesn't matter what at u drive"

regardless of your sentance structure. I get your point... I am sorry I tried to start a funny thread about winter and the downfalls of keeping a nice car clean. I just looked for a venting point after spending 15 minutes getting ice off my car before work. I will refrain from any venting in the future... but just so you know I have no interest selling my car, I love it just not in this weather. I do know how to take care of it as well. Honestly I was not expecting this kind of response, but since i did go at a high post member earlier I guess i had it coming. You m3 winter drivers apparently stick together!
We do stick together, especially when its the truth! Lol

Originally Posted by harlem
yeah ok i believe you bro
harlem. Dont believe him. He doesnt have to prove anything to you ..i doubt he cares, as i type im in my M3, my husbands driving back from Bethlahem P.A. for 3 days. Theres snow on the ground, my cars filthy, but my blizzak tires have helped this car get through it all. Just cause we care for them doesnt mean we dont really drive them hard. I know M drivers that take their cars skiing with racks on top, as long as any car has proper tires, depending on the dtiver you should be good to go.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Holy shit children.. . Calm down calm down... . If a rear wheel drive could not be driven in the snow then Y the Phuck did they invest millions into the research for snow tires? Dun the cops drive the shit outta there Fords in the snow w/ the rear wheel drive only.... I thought so... Any way if your bmw cannot handle the snow that what else can. OP didn't mean this argument either, lol but i guess it on now baby...
Make it more interesting... Get em Gang... "we have our lil gang here in the city "..
Old 01-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Funny, I love driving my E60 in the winter. Hmm, maybe living in SoCal has something to do with it?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Rub the warm weather in John, go ahead...... lolol. :
Old 01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by melimel
Rub the warm weather in John, go ahead...... lolol. :

Gotta rub it in a little Mel, id I mention it'll be in the mid 70's this week
Old 01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition
Ridiculousness!

Its not a 29 Deusenberg. These cars were designed to work in the most extreme conditions. You PAID for that engineering. Thats why you drive a BMW. If you think it'll be worth more money when you go to sell it because it wasnt driven in rain or snow, you're mistaken. Drive your cars.
Exactly!!!!! my babe doesnt even know what a garage looks like, no queens here! this was last week!
Attached Thumbnails UGH-img_5098x.jpg   UGH-img_5126x.jpg   UGH-img_4921x.jpg   UGH-img_4949x.jpg  
Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by pjinca

Gotta rub it in a little Mel, id I mention it'll be in the mid 70's this week

You suck! I knew there was a reason I didn't join the Air Force
Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by Shezmon
Y the Phuck did they invest millions into the research for snow tires?
so guys like you that believe them buy them.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630
Exactly!!!!! my babe doesnt even know what a garage looks like, no queens here! this was last week!
looks pretty damn "queen clean" for having been driven around in the deep snow and salted roads.

Quick Reply: UGH