E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UGH

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i

Freaking washed and detailed my car 4 days ago... checked the forecast and there was only an expected 30% possibility for snow and guess what? it snowed yesterday. FML
Old 01-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

I got to experience my first "experience" of RWD snow driving last night...parked at a driveway that was covered in maybe 2 inches of snow at most thought nothing of it...when it was time to get out car was stuck and wouldn't move. Had to shovel around the car and since it was below freezing most of the snow had frozen over it took an hour to get my car out of 2" of snow.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by evets
Don't hate. It is a bad trait and will consume you
ok thx

Originally Posted by bha7176
oh yeah? so you drive your M3 all over the place in the snow do ya? bullshit. You wouldn't get more than a few miles down the road until you got stuck along the side of the road and one of us in a 4 wheel drive had to pull over and 'assist' you. Seriously?!?!?
As a matter of fact, I do drive the M all over the place in the snow. The right set of tires and proper knowledge of how to drive in the conditions allows you to do so with ease. The only thing that stops me from taking the M is deep snow because the car is so low. Anything else, it can and has handled.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by poleposition
ok thx

As a matter of fact, I do drive the M all over the place in the snow. The right set of tires and proper knowledge of how to drive in the conditions allows you to do so with ease. The only thing that stops me from taking the M is deep snow because the car is so low. Anything else, it can and has handled.

hmmm, good luck with that! Glad you are willing to do it. Not for me.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

West Coast people have the rain to deal with... just as dirty and wet.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
West Coast people have the rain to deal with... just as dirty and wet.
Yeah but no salt... I hate this time of year because of how dirty the car gets. I love the lower temperature as the engine just loves the cooler air.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by poleposition
Ridiculousness!

Its not a 29 Deusenberg. These cars were designed to work in the most extreme conditions. You PAID for that engineering. Thats why you drive a BMW. If you think it'll be worth more money when you go to sell it because it wasnt driven in rain or snow, you're mistaken. Drive your cars.
I think your missing the point hear Brosifilus. I LOVE driving a BMW, my point is I like it clean and salt free. I am very impressed by my winter driving setup I am complaining about the upkeep on it LOL! thanks tho for the reassurance that I should like my car and drive it!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Members

screw salt
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Munich77
Yeah but no salt... I hate this time of year because of how dirty the car gets. I love the lower temperature as the engine just loves the cooler air.
UGH, salt... thats when you pull out your $500 1985 corolla.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
UGH, salt... thats when you pull out your $500 1985 corolla.
No, didn't you read - you continue to drive your nice expensive BMW in it. Its an engineering wonder and repels salt. Just drive it in the salt and cinders and let it get all scratched up, rusted, dull and just bad ass looking then sell it to some dumb ass and buy or lease your new 2012 M5 man, come on. You just need to have the skills to be able to drive it, to avoid the salt and cinders and icy parts of the road. Are you a retard who can't drive in the snow or what?

Sorry guys, just absurd some of the post that I see on here.

Quick Reply: UGH