E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Transmission Failsafe, CEL, and Increased emissions error?! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 02:05 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i
Exclamation Transmission Failsafe, CEL, and Increased emissions error?! HELP!!!

Since this is my first post, I would like to mention before having this e60 ive had an e30 after a long history of Hondas & Nissans..never went back. Got a Z4 3.0i after my e30 was sold to a close friend and decided to get an e60 as a daily and the Zed as a weekend.

Got a 545i and it drives like a dream. Transmission shifts like butter. Car had intermittent start issue that was resolved with a relay and now this issue.

I was driving and attempting to beat a light and floored the pedal, car didnt hesitate and strolled fine. As I was slowing down a "Transmission Fault Drive Moderate" error appeared as well as an "Increased Emissions" on the iDrive monitor.

My RPM gauge then struggled and misfired between 1k and 2k and if i tried to gas it, nothing happened. I then put it into DS and still nothing, I put it back and It began to drive normal even with all the errors.

I pulled over to the side and I had my OBD2 scanner handy as well. I pulled up the following codes

p1378
p1727
p1381

I believe the only code that wasn't "pending" was a Camshaft sensor code (might not be listed, i think these were all the codes.)

I then erased the codes after cycling the car (engine off, opening the door, locking it, and then unlocking it.) and drove the car towards home completely fine all the way.

I (on a clear open street of course) floored the pedal again to see if I can replicate the issue and nothing! Car drove all the way home from as well as the freeway. Also took the car through all the gears in manual mode and it still shifts like butter.

Any Ideas!?
Old 06-25-2014, 02:08 AM
New Members

My Ride: 545i

Also something to mention there seems to be something wet perhaps from a seep (definitely not from the motor or enough to leak to the floor) on the plastic cover below.

I am yet to check where its coming from, will update asap.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:25 AM
Members

Any update on this?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60
Exclamation

Originally Posted by dwn2thalastroach
Also something to mention there seems to be something wet perhaps from a seep (definitely not from the motor or enough to leak to the floor) on the plastic cover below.

I am yet to check where its coming from, will update asap.

i had the same problem with my E60 530i while i floored the car trying to go up a hill and i got that same transmission error message i pulled over i switch the car off and back on the error was gone i scanned it with my obd2 scanner and it told me clutch E malfunction. i changed my solenoids and gaskets and stuff still working on it as i speak will be finished by tomorrow. i got the increased emissions too i have a bad camshaft sensor so that will through that code as well.