E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ti Grey or Silver Grey

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Another SG here
Old 08-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Aug 16 2005, 12:19 PM
Another SG here
[snapback]159873[/snapback]

I own and love silver gray, but I've noticed something... To my eye, black is the most flattering color for the car due to the fact that the lines in the bodywork dissappear and the car becomes one fluid shape.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2003 330i

I originally ordered Ti Grey, but after some deliberation switched to Silver Grey.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Contributors

I am a big fan of the Silver Grey - Someone said, on this forum, some time ago that Silver Grey is this year's Titanium Silver! Pretty funny -
Old 08-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Obviously most (almost all) people who own one of the two colors will recommend the color that they chose.......add me to that list.....I highly recommend the Titanium Gray II. One thing that should be made clear is that Titanium Gray II does not have anywhere close to the greenish tint that the original Titanium Gray had. The greenish tint is pretty much non existant in almost all lighting conditions. What brings out the slight greenish tint most is a combination of the car being very dirty/dusty and certain lighting conditions.

Initially I was in love with Silver Gray....The first E60's that I saw in person were pre-production models and were all in Silver Gray with Shadowline trim. They looked great and that was the color I would have chosen if I were to get the car back then. However, as the cars started to arrive in the US almost 50% of them in the beginning were Silver Gray and it started to look somewhat dull and washed out. That's when I started to consider other colors. I liked the Titanium Gray (I) because it looked both elegant and sporty at the same time, but it had a nasty greenish tint in certain lights. When they came up with Titanium Gray II it pretty much removed almost all of the greenish tint, yet still kept the elegant/sporty combination. So that's what I went for. The interesting thing is that I have never liked darker colors, but TGII is not that dark. It is close to the borderline though, if it were a little darker then I would not have gone for it.

I have since realized that the reason that the Silver Grays started looking dull and washed out to me was that almost all that I had seen in that time period did not have the Shadowline trim, which makes a huge difference by getting rid of the chrome.....which adds a certain depth and richness to the Silver Gray color that I don't see with the chrome trim.

Would I still get TGII if I were to buy my car today? Yes!......However, one specific setup with the Silver Gray would have me very tempted to switch......and that is a Silver Gray car with Shadowline trim AND the M body Kit (like ch7656's car). When I saw his car in person I thought it looked stunning and just perfect.

One more thing, TGII looks it's best IMO in the afternoon/evening when there is no direct sunlight on it (or anywhere close to it), yet there is still plenty of daylight.....and of coarse the car also has to be clean. There is a certain pearlescent look that the paint has in this lighting condition that you don't see at other times and/or in other colors.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:51 AM
jjl
Members

i would pick silver gray. i will often pick the color that seems to be promoted by the manufact. in their brochures/ads, and silver gray is it for the E60. however, if you are willing to upkeep black, the e60 does look great in black, and i'm not even a fan of black usually. the black gives the e60 a menacing presence, i was being followed/followed a black 545 for about 20 miles, and i couldn't take my eyes off the thing, looked great..
Old 08-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Silver Gray, just saw a 535 in my dealer today while ordering my ACS boot and window spoiler...go for it

I cant wait to get mine after seing this one, very similar in spec to mine...had the 172's Merv, look great, first Ive seen in the Alloy so to speak.
SG SG SG SG
Old 08-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Aug 16 2005, 03:11 PM
Silver Gray, just saw a 535 in my dealer today while ordering my ACS boot and window spoiler...go for it

I cant wait to get mine after seing this one, very similar in spec to mine...had the 172's Merv, look great, first Ive seen in the Alloy so to speak.
SG SG SG SG
?
[snapback]159958[/snapback]
Oh yes you will love em
Old 08-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Members

Ti Gray. Looks richer. Less common.

Keep it clean and it looks great.

Jim
Ti Gray
2004 530i
Old 08-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 550745540

Well, I've got TiGrey now but I've seen plenty examples of both colours. You can't go wrong with either. Of course, TiGrey is the better of the two as I think the E60 looks better in dark colours.

Quick Reply: Ti Grey or Silver Grey