5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Ti Grey or Silver Grey (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/ti-grey-silver-grey-14841/)

Cyclist 08-16-2005 08:22 AM

Well then,

Down to the wire, trying to decide between two shades of grey

Cars on order, can still change while waiting for ED date

550i
Cold Weather
Sports

Nav
Heads Up
Comfort Access
Comfort Seat
Prem Sound

CVTBenhogan 08-16-2005 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cyclist' date='Aug 16 2005, 11:22 AM
Well then,

Down to the wire, trying to decide between two shades of grey

Cars on order, can still change while waiting for ED date

550i
Cold Weather
Sports

Nav
Heads Up
Comfort Access
Comfort Seat
Prem Sound
[snapback]159835[/snapback]

Hi there,

Its tough to decide on colors for the E60. IMHO, I think the lighter colors look better on the car and these highlight the contours of the body work better. Silv grey is my pick over TiGray which has a greenish cast. I'm torn between Silvgrey and white. I might flip a coin.

Good Luck

CVT Benhogan

MARCUS545 08-16-2005 08:35 AM

I think Silver Grey is one of the best colors BMW has ever offered. TiGrey is nice but looks "tired" after a while...not as sporty.

skaffa 08-16-2005 08:38 AM

Ti gray too white... Like more Silber grau... Of course.

Skaffa

Stoley 08-16-2005 08:45 AM

Ti Gray.

H-Wood 08-16-2005 08:49 AM

I love the way the Silver-Gray looks...IMHO some of the colors have a better blend with the rear light. Silver-Gray is my favorite and I think the rear stands out too much on the Ti-Silver, but Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :wub:
Good luck.

Merv the Derv 08-16-2005 08:50 AM

Used to have TGrey now have SGrey! SGrey is the only way to go in my HO.
The car looks more special in SG and looks great even when dirty. :thumbsup:

jackbutler 08-16-2005 08:52 AM

Ti Grey all the way :thumbsup:

stream 08-16-2005 08:53 AM

Silver gray. Beautiful color, shows the lines of the car well (I read somewhere it was developed specifically to accent the lines of the E60), and very low maintenance.

The titanium gray cars I've seen had a greenish hue. Obviously best to see both in person--looking at color samples or even web pix isn't a substitute.

BetterMakeWay 08-16-2005 09:08 AM

For me it's like this: the darker the coulour the tougher is to maintain it...i have carbon black. For me black suits best this beast (love the way it looks at night with those angel eyes and eyebrows, just like a panther). If i would choose another colour it would still be black or white.
Between the 2 u mentioned i would get the silver grey because it makes the car a little bit more sporty and it shows the lines cleaner...BUT silver is the most unhuman colour there is, almost nothing in nature is silver and not to mention that there are alot of silver e60s here. titanium grey is nice but u'll get bored with it rapidly. So all in all if i had to pick betwwen the 2 i would choose silver grey because it's almost the easiest colour to maintain and for the reasons i wrote above.