E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Three kids in a E60

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Ya but those euro kids arent giant and fat like us ammerricans
Word ! LoL
Old 02-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i,1995 M3
Model Year: 2004

For short trips in town three kids would fit, but if you can only have one car you'll need something larger. I have four (skinny American) kids and our other car is a W163 Mercedes ML320. Seats seven, goes through a foot of snow, and tows 5,000 lbs, all of which are important to us. Nowhere near as quiet, fast, or fun to drive as an E60 though, and the stereo sucks, but I'm working on that.

However it sounds like what you really need is a minivan; too bad they're all ugly.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by bha7176
Assuming they are young - like under age 10, you'd be OK, maybe. After that, IMHO, it will be a little tight back there with them and all their "stuff". How about something with a thrid row seat? Hell I have two kids and they fight and pinch and mess with each other as is, seperated by the rear center armrest - adding a third and having to put that 'barrier' up wouldn't be a good idea. Not to mention where will they put their happy meal soda cups, water bottles, ipods, adapters, etc if you can't use the rear center arm rest?

I wouldn't do it. sure you could, but why add that stress. go for a bigger vehicle, if you have the money, and get the third row rear seating area, or, dare I say it, a nice pimpled out mini van.
+1
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Sport

Three car seats fit but it is tight. I have two in boosters and one in a toddler seat. Two rows is a better choice as it minimizes the bickering and arguing. Bring on the duct tape!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i,1995 M3
Model Year: 2004

How about a 7? Is the back seat any wider?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Im 6'5 280. W/ 3 kids. 9,6,and 4mo. No way in hell they fit in the backseat of an e60.
1 ton mega cab is what i rock. Its pretty much a tahoe w the back cut off and a truck bed attached, the back seats recline and everything. Itll fit 6 grown men my size no prob comfortably. Itll tow 14k lbs so i got a ton of power for my 27' toy hauler

Lmao!!! At big john. Distraught minivan owner look is priceless
Glad you liked the comment Ian, but it's true.

Like you I am 6'4" 280, luckily though my kids are 4, 2, and t-minus 6 months (she's due in early Aug). So no minivans for me
By the time my kids are old enough for space to be an issue I won't even have my E60 and my wife will probably have an X5 of another 7 passenger SUV to haul the kiddies. She, like me, believes minivans are the same as walking around with your tombstone - you aint dead yet, but you're damn sure ready for it.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jaycal3
But the Tahoe looks way cooler

And, I am not so sure... the new Tahoe's are very spacious... oh, and did I mention its NOT a minivan??!!

I'll give you that much... We've also got an Avalanche to accommodate the hunting/4WD/towing requirements.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I fit 3 kids in mine and it is tight. If you are using booster seats you will be fine but the big a$$ car seats will be a challenge for sure. You may be able to fit them in but good luck buckling them up without putting up a fight!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 E61 535xiT Black on Black

I know many have likened minivan ownership to "automotive suicide" but you really have to think practically and get out of the shallow mindset. The top priories when transporting 3 kids (I have 3 year old twins and a 5 year old) are safety and separation. You can probably shoehorn three carseats into the back of an E60/61, but think about the lack of side impact protection should the worst happen?

Seconly, no matter how much you try to prevent it, three kids will trash a vehicle; you just have to accept that. You can say all day long that no one eats in your car, but when your precious little snowflake is screaming his head off on a road trip, you will do anything to shut him/her up, to include risking juice spills and chicken nuggets making their way under the seat, only to be found during a clean-out 3 months later. The 5-series also doesn't have a great deal of rear seat leg room, so little Johnny or Suzy will scuff up the backs of your seats with their shoes and annoy the hell out of you with their constant kicking.

I have my E61 and it's great to transport two kids for short distances or a day trip, but three kids (with car seats) and the associated accoutrements that goes along with them just isn't possible if you want to keep your car clean and your family safe. My family daily crumb-snatcher transport is a pimped out Toyota Sienna with DVD system and captains chairs in the second row. There is enough kid separation, the vehicle is ridiculously reliable, has AWD, easy to clean out, roomy as hell and plenty safe for the little ones.

Any man who avoids a minivan solely for the sake of image was never secure in his masculinity in the first place. One's children should come before any perceived image issues.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by BW535xiT
Any man who avoids a minivan solely for the sake of image was never secure in his masculinity in the first place. One's children should come before any perceived image issues.
minivans are for the gays

get a tahoe already

Three kids in a E60-1297268149572.jpg

Quick Reply: Three kids in a E60