E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Three kids in a E60

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011 | 07:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Ever seen the forlorn look on minivan driver's faces when you pull up next em at the light? They look longingly at our cars and reminisce about when they too had testes once, so sad.
Old 02-01-2011 | 07:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by bha7176
Why not, if you can afford it, get both. Or better yet one of the nice big third row seat sporting SUV's?
+1

My wife packs kids, groceries, furniture, building materials, livestock and any other thing she can think of in her GL-450. If there is one thing I do like about her car it's the 3rd row seat.

I think you could get by with two kids/carseats in the back seat of an E60, but three would definitely be a crowd - especially on longer road trips.
Old 02-01-2011 | 08:58 AM
Members

Two cars is not a option here in Denmark cars are extremely expensive, so one car is the way to go just to show how expensive, a 2004 e60 520i with 125.000 miles on the clock cost around 23.000 pounds....

I have been trying different mini vans and i really hope i can find another solution....
Old 02-01-2011 | 03:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I dunno, but I am about to find out. I have 2 kids with another on the way as well

Hey man CONGRATS!!!

I have had booster, full car seat, and another child in the middle. My youngest outgrew the full seat and so it's now 3 kids in the back with 1 booster...Although they look comfortable, they're not far enough apart from each other to start fighting and irritate each other.
Old 02-01-2011 | 06:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

I have a 9yo and an 11yo - both boys. Still enough room between them and they love the center console/armrest in the back of the 545... 3 would be a squeeze though. I can hear it now - "Stop touching me!", "No, you touched me!", "DAAAAAAAD!"

Thats why I have the 10' Tahoe as well... beats a minivan!
Old 02-01-2011 | 07:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by bha7176
Assuming they are young - like under age 10, you'd be OK, maybe. After that, IMHO, it will be a little tight back there with them and all their "stuff". How about something with a thrid row seat? Hell I have two kids and they fight and pinch and mess with each other as is, seperated by the rear center armrest - adding a third and having to put that 'barrier' up wouldn't be a good idea. Not to mention where will they put their happy meal soda cups, water bottles, ipods, adapters, etc if you can't use the rear center arm rest?

I wouldn't do it. sure you could, but why add that stress. go for a bigger vehicle, if you have the money, and get the third row rear seating area, or, dare I say it, a nice pimpled out mini van.
You said it about the fighting. I have two boys 13 and 8 and they fight as it is. Over the dumbest shit too! I couldn't imagine throwing a car seat in between them. If I were you honestly I would think about the X5. It's bigger, more room for food shopping, carriage ( which obviously your gonna need) and other things if you travel. I'm not saying they won't fit, but if I could throw one of my boys on the friggen roof at times And nit go to jail, I would! Lol just saying...
Now I threw them in my M, so I'm no one to talk, but your kids are probably younger then mine...
Old 02-02-2011 | 12:23 AM
Members

I would actually consider an X5 with the 3rd row seats, you can get them with rear seat entertainment. However, no how, no way will i ever buy/own/drive a minivan. Ever seen the forlorn look on minivan driver's faces when you pull up next em at the light? They look longingly at our cars and reminisce about when they too had testes once, so sad.
An x5 is very expensive here, the cheapest for sale right now cost 94000 punds
Old 02-02-2011 | 05:15 AM
Members

I just stumbled upon this site.. http://www.multimac.co.uk/bmw_3_series so if that can fit in a 3 series i'll properly not have any truble in a 5 series.

Anyone tried theese??
Old 02-02-2011 | 05:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

I have two kids 8 and 2. They fit fine other than having to move the headrest up about 2 inches or so for the carseat. 3 also fit fine too, but that middle hump.........

4 kids though, *italian man voice* "forget about it"

Get a X5 or maybe a 7li
Old 02-02-2011 | 08:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by jaycal3
I have a 9yo and an 11yo - both boys. Still enough room between them and they love the center console/armrest in the back of the 545... 3 would be a squeeze though. I can hear it now - "Stop touching me!", "No, you touched me!", "DAAAAAAAD!"

Thats why I have the 10' Tahoe as well... beats a minivan!

Quick Reply: Three kids in a E60