E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Which car would you spend your money on?
BMW 530i
79.38%
Lexus GS430
20.62%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Which of these two is for me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Dear Lanzaman,

I would order the new X5 or the April built facelifted 535iA (+300 hp and 400 Nm).

I suppose you did the same questionare at some Lexus site(s),
what did they say?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Contributors

I ran into the same problem when i purchased my car, the lexus gs looks nice and bmw looks nice, but after test driving both cars, the lexus was not what i wanted, the handling is horrible compared to my bmw with the sports package. Even if the specs are the same the bmw will perform better. I went with the bmw and i did not regret it. My girlfriend had the older model gs 300 its a comfortable car for long road trips if thats what you like driving comfortably then pick the lexus the bmw in my opinion is not a car for long road trips. The seats are not as comfortable sitting in after 4 hours straight. But everyday driving i would use the bmw more than the lexus. Plus look at all the mods the BMW has to offer, the lexus, you can't make it look like a "M5" It's your choice , don't get the lexus. Please don't.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by Lanzaman' post='351073' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:09 AM
Dear members

I am facing a choice dilemma here in the UK between two (Dream cars). I know this is a BMW enthusiasts forum and therefore there will be some biased opinions, but I hope you vote objectively.

Both cars are at the same price.
Car 1: BMW 530i M Sport Automatic

Model year 2005 (258 ) with 12,000 miles

Comes with modest options:
Leather
Media pack (Sat Nav professional, Bluetooth, CD Changer & Voice recognition).
Car 2: Lexus GS430

Brand New 2006 model

As you all now the car comes loaded with
Adaptive cruise control, Adaptive suspension, active steering, Mark Levinson sound system, heated & cooled seats which are fully electric with memory, electric rear blinds, easy close boot, electric folding mirrors, electric sun roof, Xenon & adaptive headlights, reversing camera, electric steering wheel...etc.
The BMW has in its favour the Space & handling & fuel consumption

The Lexus has the Refinement, comfort, Kit, reliability & straight line performance (HP)

In the UK it also has the better dealer service & better warranty in addition to the fact the car is Brand new.

The Lexu
I am in two minds ? please help
i would buy the new car.........
Old 01-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by radioham' post='383767' date='Jan 26 2007, 01:58 PM
i would buy the new car.........
This topic is from November, I think he ended up with the E60.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Members

My Ride: ------------------------------------------------------------------ business: 05 bmw 535d titaniumsilver 334hp/600nm m-package m5wheels+mirrors fun: 02 audi tt roadster delphingrey/baseball 225hp/310nm s-line

get the lexus
not many people will recognize what japanese vehicle you are driving after they fully facelifted it 2 years later

the lexus ain't a bad car though but it lacks status and such perfect engines, the looks are ok but not outstanding..