5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Which of these two is for me? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/these-two-me-32988/)

Lanzaman 11-01-2006 12:09 AM

Dear members

I am facing a choice dilemma here in the UK between two (Dream cars). I know this is a BMW enthusiasts forum and therefore there will be some biased opinions, but I hope you vote objectively.

Both cars are at the same price.

Car 1: BMW 530i M Sport Automatic

Model year 2005 (258 ) with 12,000 miles

Comes with modest options:
Leather
Media pack (Sat Nav professional, Bluetooth, CD Changer & Voice recognition).

Car 2: Lexus GS430

Brand New 2006 model

As you all now the car comes loaded with
Adaptive cruise control, Adaptive suspension, active steering, Mark Levinson sound system, heated & cooled seats which are fully electric with memory, electric rear blinds, easy close boot, electric folding mirrors, electric sun roof, Xenon & adaptive headlights, reversing camera, electric steering wheel...etc.

The BMW has in its favour the Space & handling & fuel consumption

The Lexus has the Refinement, comfort, Kit, reliability & straight line performance (HP)

In the UK it also has the better dealer service & better warranty in addition to the fact the car is Brand new.

The Lexu
I am in two minds ? please help :confused:

mr_djurgarden 11-01-2006 12:24 AM

I would go for the BMW, no doubt about it. It has got better handling and it's a better looking car in my opinion.
If I would buy a Lexus I would go for their hybrid version, the GS450H

Rizbel 11-01-2006 12:38 AM

Lexus is still a Toyota :P . BMW is a BMW :thumbsup:

Lanzaman 11-01-2006 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rizbel' post='351083' date='Nov 1 2006, 04:38 AM
Lexus is still a Toyota :P . BMW is a BMW :thumbsup:

Does that mean that Mercedes is a Chrysler, Jaguar is a Ford and Audi is a Skoda :think:

errrr I beg to differ

DON -V- 11-01-2006 01:49 AM

bmw u wont regret it belive me u wont the lexus is nice and refined but the bmw a truely supereb vehicle

LowOrbit 11-01-2006 05:31 AM

I really depends on your personality - if you just want quiet, reliable transportation - the Lexus is for you. If you enjoy driving, the BMW is the clear choice and I really do not think you will miss all the options on the Lexus.

I test drove a GS after I tested a 5-series and I could not wait until the test drive was over - the GS was such a boring vehicle! o:)

Rudy 11-01-2006 05:35 AM

Just from looking at your post, it seems that you're leaning toward the Lexus. It's also evident that you place a strong emphasis on the gadgets, etc. that the Lexus has.

Since you didn't get into much description of the driving characteristics of the cars (other than the straight-line acceleration of the Lexus), it looks as if you're someone who might not truly appreciate the BMW's superior mechanical design or overall driving experience.

Get the Lexus...

tomwid 11-01-2006 05:44 AM

Kind of a silly question to ask on a 5 series board, no? :doh:

EBMCS03 11-01-2006 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by tomwid' post='351140' date='Nov 1 2006, 06:44 AM
Kind of a silly question to ask on a 5 series board, no? :doh:

Get the Lexus.

mikehsu 11-01-2006 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lanzaman' post='351088' date='Nov 1 2006, 05:54 AM
Does that mean that Mercedes is a Chrysler, Jaguar is a Ford and Audi is a Skoda :think:

errrr I beg to differ

I have to agree, you get more reliabililty from the Lexus, but you have to want a BMW to get one. In the end a Lexus is a flashy toyota. Also I this that Chrysler and Ford and Skoda are considered distrubutors not really considered the same company. Where as Lexus and Toyota are really the same company, but they call it a lexus so that can charge luxury tax. i.e. Lexus IS300 == Toyota Altezza