E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Terrible Accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='312678' date='Jul 19 2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah there was a guy in the UK last month whose BMW something or other kept accelerating (or stuck at 125 or something).

Too many sensors and processors?

Edit: stuck accelerator (gas) pedal

Maybe you can get BMW to dump the recent events and check the behaviour of your steering?

ABC
I heard on the news recently that the UK guy was arrested, 'allegedly' the problem was the nut behind the wheel, not the nut holding accelerator together!
Update:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...20/nspeed20.xml
Old 07-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

I had a friend in the car with me it 10:25PM at the moment in Istanbul so before getting a lawyer I'm going to contact my dealer tomorrow btw I'm not driving it anymore I'm arranging proper trucks at the moment to get the car towed. In D it went reverse and in reverse it didn't move just revved.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Take your friend to the dealer with you, if possible.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='312748' date='Jul 19 2006, 10:31 PM
Take your friend to the dealer with you, if possible.
THX GOOD SUGGESTION BTW WHATS THE CHANCE OF THE FRONT WHEEL PARTS BEING DAMAGED (SUSPENSION,HUBS etc.)
Old 07-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Suggest that you have vehicle towed to a reliabe independant garage, perhaps you should call your insurance company and have them reccomend one. Let them check out the car for a serious defect that may have caused your accident and get a written report from them. Next have your car towed to your dealer and see what they report.

You should explain everything to your insurance company, if they can find a fault, then they will use this information and probably the insurance company will sue BMW on your behalf if they do not own up and take responsibility if in fact there is a defect.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Did you hit a curb?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Yes i hit the curb before i got stuck in the fence. BTW Insurance company wants a police report before paying the bills and they wouldn't sue BMW cause the system in turkey is different. When you make an accident you call the police. But I was unable to do so as the car was blocking the traffic I am trying to get one right now. I didn't have an accident for 3 years so i have 40% discount on my insurance too so i really don't want to involve insurance at first.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

Ohhh f*ck this is horrible. Such bad luck. Man don't give up, this is inacceptable. Try again with the dealer with your witness. Try to make them understand the situation and if that doesn't help get the hard way with the layer and all.
PS: loose the chrome thingies on the headlights plzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by BaranE' post='312753' date='Jul 19 2006, 03:44 PM
Yes i hit the curb before i got stuck in the fence. BTW Insurance company wants a police report before paying the bills and they wouldn't sue BMW cause the system in turkey is different. When you make an accident you call the police. But I was unable to do so as the car was blocking the traffic I am trying to get one right now. I didn't have an accident for 3 years so i have 40% discount on my insurance too so i really don't want to involve insurance at first.
I think that you may have no choice but to involve your insurance company. If the damages are in excess of $10,000.00 then don't worry about your 40% discount as it will take years to recover that 40% in savings on insurance. The only way to maintain your discount is to be able to prove that the accident was not your fault and the only way to prove this given that another vehicle was not involved is to prove that the accident was caused by a major malfunction of the car. I really doubt that BMW would own up even if they found a malfunction, they would probably state that the malfunction was caused by the accident rather than the malfunction being the cause of the accident.

I think that an independant unbiased garage should examine your car and their report could come in handy should you decide to sue BMW.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Contributors

I had the car examined by a garage earlier today but I didn't get a report. If BMW accepts its fault then there would be no insurance coverage needed that's what I'm going for. BTW why does nobody seem to like the headlights trim. BTW NOBODY has answered my earlier question: Would I have any damage with front wheels and stuff (hubs,suspension etc.)

Quick Reply: Terrible Accident