E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Terrible Accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

YES THEY DID WHICH I DROVE FOR 17 DAYS
Old 07-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

If I were you I'd discuss it with them (the dealer) first. I doubt that BMW itself would advocate customers driving the car with this fault or its dealers telling customers it was OK to do so (as so any safety systems are impacted).
Old 07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

As far as I know the faulty steering angle sensor will not be able to make the steering wheel stick. It simply measures the position of the wheel. It's like saying the brake light sensor caused the brakes to fail. Or am I missing something?

As for the UK driver with the stuck gas pedal... that was very suspect. (and before someone asks, no I don't work for BMW).
Old 07-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by BaranE' post='312716' date='Jul 19 2006, 01:42 PM
YES THEY DID WHICH I DROVE FOR 17 DAYS
Verbal is harder to proved, but if you can record it by getting the individual to recall the verbal conversation, you may have a chance to have the dealer fix it for you. Othwerise, you're on your own. Best wishes if this issue becomes a legal matter.

Scream loud enough in the US, and someone will hear you. Scream all you want in other countries and people will only think you're crazy.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Members

Sorry to hear about it man! So now our e60 are officialy known as a Kamikaze cars? we should scream Banzaiii and run into something at full speed Dont be offended but I dont know what look scarier those scratches from the damage or chromed accents on lights, in any case wish you luck and hope you'll work it out. Ohh did you have AS on your car?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

Yes i think so I think I had AS on the car
Old 07-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Also how do I know if I have issues with my front wheels suspension or other stuff.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Members

If your car equiped with AS thats where the problem is most likely occured, other than that I dont see anything else locking the steering.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Also now I tried to move the car in the garage in order to make room for my girlfriends car and THE BRAKES WOULDN'T WORK GEAR IS JAMMED in order to stop I had to pull the handbrake. I nearly died in that accident. I think I HAVE THE RIGHT to sue BMW for my life and btw IS IT SAFE TO DRIVE WITH A faulty steering sensor and what did dealer tell you after you had this faulty sensor to drive or did they give you a loaner???
Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by BaranE' post='312741' date='Jul 19 2006, 03:23 PM
Also now I tried to move the car in the garage in order to make room for my girlfriends car and THE BRAKES WOULDN'T WORK GEAR IS JAMMED in order to stop I had to pull the handbrake. I nearly died in that accident. I think I HAVE THE RIGHT to sue BMW for my life and btw IS IT SAFE TO DRIVE WITH A faulty steering sensor and what did dealer tell you after you had this faulty sensor to drive or did they give you a loaner???

Do you have a witness for this incdent? What gear is jammed?
Stop driving this thing and get a lawyer right now......

Quick Reply: Terrible Accident