E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Starting to get upset with car's antics/problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Hhhmmm...

Welcome aboard, Agent24 !
Old 01-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, agent24 !
Old 01-21-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' date='Jan 19 2005, 10:33 PM
Join the club, Wassy.? The trunk problem can be remedied by holding the button down for a long second.? The wandering is probably the runflats.? ? The seat moving problem is in the car somewhere.? ? Mine does it too.? ? The engine/transmission jerk is who knows what.

What about the rattles and the "ticking" sound after a cold start?? ? Sounds like a Model T?? ? ? Squeaking windows and doors?? ? Thumping back seat?

It's a great car.? It really is.? However, I've never had one so annoyinng, and if you bitched about everything, you'd be bitching all day long.? ? Just run the living shit out of it and sell it at 49,000 miles.
[snapback]80985[/snapback]
Yup, join the club. I too have all these 'problems'. I could bitch about many more small things too, like my drivers door lock rattling every time I go over bumps, or the instrument cluster rattling, even after an attempt at fixing it. I used to be so pissed off about all the little things wrong with the car. Now I just ignore them and enjoy the way the car rides, and dump it around 48,000. I wouldn't take your car in for those minor issues, I can assure you, we all have them, although my car has never stalled. Just wait until you need an oil change, and make a service list and give it to your SA when you go in for your oil change. I would have a so-called 'tech' ride with you so you can physically demonstrate the problems you are having. Don't be surprised if your dealer can't do anything about them, either (No Fault Found).

Good luck.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 21 2005, 10:39 PM
[quote name='Evenflow545' date='Jan 19 2005, 10:33 PM']Join the club, Wassy.?? The trunk problem can be remedied by holding the button down for a long second.?? The wandering is probably the runflats.? ? The seat moving problem is in the car somewhere.? ? Mine does it too.? ? The engine/transmission jerk is who knows what.

What about the rattles and the "ticking" sound after a cold start?? ? Sounds like a Model T?? ? ? Squeaking windows and doors?? ?? Thumping back seat?

It's a great car.?? It really is.?? However, I've never had one so annoyinng, and if you bitched about everything, you'd be bitching all day long.? ? Just run the living shit out of it and sell it at 49,000 miles.
[snapback]80985[/snapback]
Yup, join the club. I too have all these 'problems'. I could bitch about many more small things too, like my drivers door lock rattling every time I go over bumps, or the instrument cluster rattling, even after an attempt at fixing it. I used to be so pissed off about all the little things wrong with the car. Now I just ignore them and enjoy the way the car rides, and I too plan on dumping it around 48,000 miles. I wouldn't take your car in for those minor issues, I can assure you, we all have them, although my car has never stalled. Just wait until you need an oil change, and make a service list and give it to your SA when you go in for your oil change. I would have a so-called 'tech' ride with you so you can physically demonstrate the problems you are having. Don't be surprised if your dealer can't do anything about them, either (No Fault Found).

Good luck.
[snapback]81750[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dammit!

That was me above.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Jan 20 2005, 10:26 AM
[quote name='wassy' date='Jan 20 2005, 02:56 AM']5.? have to hit the remote trunk opener 3 or 4 times to get it to open.
[snapback]80976[/snapback]

I have a feeling that this may be a saftey feature - i.e. to help prevent accidental
opening of the boot when the key is in your pocket and the release is momentarily
pressed. An open boot/trunk is no a good thing - esp if you have split/fold rear seats.

A good long press does the trick.
[snapback]81108[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have a 2001 540i sport and am constantly having to stop and get out to close the trunk (or boot as you call it) because I end up leaning against something with the key in my pocket which opens the trunk. It doesn't fling open, just the trunk open light and warning sound comes on. For a while I thought it was a malfunction, but figured out I was accidently opening the trunk with the remote. Drives me crazy. Must happen about once a week at least.