E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport seats vs Comfort seats - my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with comfort seats without really comparing much to sport seats. I just thought that they were awesome. I've had a loaner with sport seats and I have to say comfort seats are worth every penny.

The sport seats are fine but the better headrest articulated seats and especially the motorized side bolsters are some of the favorite things about my car.

Has anyone else noticed that the comfort seats thigh support extends further? I know without a doubt because a 20 ounce soda fits fine in my comfort seats (the opening for the thigh support) when extended all the way but it does not fit in the sport seats.....

While I am rambling ... the cruise control with HUD is awesome. I use it all the time (to keep from speeding too much) and I never used to use it on other cars....
Old 10-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by 300TTto545' date='Oct 22 2004, 08:05 PM
I went with comfort seats without really comparing much to sport seats. I just thought that they were awesome. I've had a loaner with sport seats and I have to say comfort seats are worth every penny.

The sport seats are fine but the better headrest articulated seats and especially the motorized side bolsters are some of the favorite things about my car.

Has anyone else noticed that the comfort seats thigh support extends further?? I know without a doubt because a 20 ounce soda fits fine in my comfort seats (the opening for the thigh support) when extended all the way but it does not fit in the sport seats.....

While I am rambling ... the cruise control with HUD is awesome. I use it all the time (to keep from speeding too much) and I never used to use it on other cars....
[snapback]48165[/snapback]
My only regret with my car, not getting the comfort seats. Now hows that V710 pairing going.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:18 AM
Senior Members

Car in shop for new Idrive controller....
Old 10-23-2004, 04:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

The comfort seats are great.. The electrical lumbar support is great. Getting in and out of the car is soo easy with the seats opened up. You can experience this perfect when you get out and in of the car with the engine running. The seats will not open up and the steeringwheel will stay down giving me a hard time to get back in the car. I can sit in my car for hours and won't have problems with a sore bottem or acking back....
Old 10-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Contributors

The sports seats are okay, but they just don't fit me that well. It would be great to have more side bolstering and the feeling of being hugged by the seats.

I know that the comfort seats actually open and close for you, but the sports seats would suffice if they weren't so wide and open.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Comfort seats would have been nice. The sport seats get a little tiring on long trips.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Contributors

I really wish I'd gone with comfort seats. It's really frustrating that the dealer didn't have them in any car to test drive. The E60 sport seats are simply not very comfortable, compared even to the E39's. They're too wide, the lack of adjustable lumbar support is silly, and on long trips, my right leg falls asleep after every 1 1/2 to 2 hours of driving and I have to get out and take a break. It's the only thing (besides the skinny stock steering wheel) that I don't like about the car.