E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Sport Package I bought is not installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i silver gray, sport package wheels and tires, rear sunshade, 6-disk changer, logic 7.

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='466699' date='Sep 6 2007, 02:48 PM
OK, we need the OP to put in what location he's at, otherwise this thread is worthless
My location is up to date now. It is a car bought at a USA BMW dealer(Long Beach BMW, CA).
Old 09-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i silver gray, sport package wheels and tires, rear sunshade, 6-disk changer, logic 7.

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='466570' date='Sep 6 2007, 10:53 AM
The sport model should also have different front and rear bumpers and side skirts. I believe it also has different seats and steering wheel. When you say it was sold "as a sport", what do you mean? What does the log book say? What does the invoice from the dealer say?Have you insured the car as an SE or Sport? Was it brand new or second hand?

If you can publish a photo of your car and a photo of your invoice (with personal details removed), we'll be able to give you a lot more advice.

The "invoice" or contract lists the make and model as "BMW 545ia". I don't know what the "a" part represents. Anyone know?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

does the invoice say "sport package"?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

"A" simply means steptronic automatic tranny. Ask the dealer, or better yet call BMWNA and for a print out of the options on your car based on your VIN. This will clearly state that the car, based on you description, does not have the sports package. Then I talk directly to the sales manager about a full refund, based on the fraud (intentional or not). If you are not satisfied then it is time to threaten legal means. I would get the correct info on the car first and confront the dealer and try to resolve without lawyers invloved first as bringing in the legal eagles can drag out the process.

Did the car have a decal listing options such as the SP or did a salesperson simply tell you? If you have a print out from the dealer and can then prove the car does not have sports package, you have a pretty cut a dry case.

Now that I re-read your post, an official CPO car usually comes with a printed window decal much like the sticker on a new car, listing options etc. That should clearly label the options, at least I know they do it that way at my dealer. But again, call BMWNA or even go to another, "neutral" dealer and get the car printout based on the VIN.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nyceric03' post='466730' date='Sep 6 2007, 05:05 PM
does the invoice say "sport package"?
No, it does not say that.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kennecarls' post='466732' date='Sep 6 2007, 08:21 PM
With chrome around the windows and no sport seats, it is not a sport. You can also look under the hood for the active steering, I think it has a label for it. I would take it back, how long have you had it?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='466731' date='Sep 6 2007, 05:18 PM
"A" simply means steptronic automatic tranny. Ask the dealer, or better yet call BMWNA and for a print out of the options on your car based on your VIN. This will clearly state that the car, based on you description, does not have the sports package. Then I talk directly to the sales manager about a full refund, based on the fraud (intentional or not). If you are not satisfied then it is time to threaten legal means. I would get the correct info on the car first and confront the dealer and try to resolve without lawyers invloved first as bringing in the legal eagles can drag out the process.

Did the car have a decal listing options such as the SP or did a salesperson simply tell you? If you have a print out from the dealer and can then prove the car does not have sports package, you have a pretty cut a dry case.

Now that I re-read your post, an official CPO car usually comes with a printed window decal much like the sticker on a new car, listing options etc. That should clearly label the options, at least I know they do it that way at my dealer. But again, call BMWNA or even go to another, "neutral" dealer and get the car printout based on the VIN.
Thanks for the info. The salesman told me. It was also advertised on the BMWNA website under CPO as a sport package equipped car. The salesman kept the window decal and the CPO checklist on the car. I'll work on obtaining the printout.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by kennecarls' post='466732' date='Sep 6 2007, 07:21 PM

Then it's obviously not a sport model and I don't think you have any case with the dealer unless they simply wanna take the car back to 'make you happy' with the understanding that you'll buy another car from them.

If you're happy with the car then keep it. Personally, I'd rather have the non-sport model.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by kennecarls' post='466735' date='Sep 6 2007, 07:29 PM
It was also advertised on the BMWNA website under CPO as a sport package equipped car.

Now that's another story. If you can physically prove that the car was advertised as a sport model then you'll have a better base. Not an airtight case, but a better case. They can still quickly point out that the paperwork you signed didn't mention anything about a sport model. If the dealer wants to be nice then they'll help you out, but they don't have to by any means IMHO.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Contributors

The lack of sport seats does not necessarily prove that it is not a sposts package since BMW allowed people to order the Comfort seats with the sports package as well. However, if it has the standard seats (not sport seat nor comfort seat), as well as chrome window trim then it is not a Sports Package.

If I were you I would either have another dealer pull the specs of your car from BMW's network using you VIN, or I would just call BMW NA and see if they would give you the info over the phone.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: The Sport Package I bought is not installed!!!