E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Sport Package I bought is not installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i silver gray, sport package wheels and tires, rear sunshade, 6-disk changer, logic 7.
Smile

I bought a CPO 2004 545i Sport Package and found out later that it didn't have the Sport Package installed. The dealer simply put on the Sport Package wheels and tires and sold it to me as a "sport". Has anybody heard of anything like this before and what, short of hiring a lawyer, should be done about it. It seems to me this CPO car was improperly certified.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Members

does it have chrome trim around windows or black trim? black is sport?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Contributors

The sport model should also have different front and rear bumpers and side skirts. I believe it also has different seats and steering wheel. When you say it was sold "as a sport", what do you mean? What does the log book say? What does the invoice from the dealer say?Have you insured the car as an SE or Sport? Was it brand new or second hand?

If you can publish a photo of your car and a photo of your invoice (with personal details removed), we'll be able to give you a lot more advice.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PLYON' post='466565' date='Sep 6 2007, 11:46 AM
You can opt for black trim or shadow line trim as a very cheap option on the SE model, that doesn't prove it's a sport. You could even fit the full sport body kit and it still could be an SE. You could change the seats, the steering wheel and the suspension too, but all important is what is on that log book and the invoice.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i silver gray, sport package wheels and tires, rear sunshade, 6-disk changer, logic 7.

Originally Posted by PLYON' post='466565' date='Sep 6 2007, 10:46 AM

It has chrome trim.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

I've seen this practice done a lot on ebay, all these car lots that go on line advertise E60s with sport package when it does not have it, they do that with NAV as well. The untrained eye could easily believe that a car has the sports package.
I think the easiest way to tell are the seats. Never judge by the trim or wheels.

KENNECARLS please update your location in your profile
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kennecarls' post='466575' date='Sep 6 2007, 11:57 AM
It has chrome trim.
Ok then it's almost 100% an SE, because although you can buy SE and spec black trim, you can't by sport and spec chrome trim. It can easily be fitted aftermarket though so doesn't prove it beyond a doubt.

... but what does your log book and invoice say. E60 SE ? Also, where did you buy it from, BMW dealer?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Find a lawyer. There should be sport suspension and a few other goodies. Sorry to hear you were robbed by the dealer. You should post the name here too.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Its hard to beleive a dealer would do this. I would make them take the car back!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Contributors

Guys, calm down, we need some more facts first - I am waiting for a reply to my question about what it states on the log book and the invoice. I still want clarification on the quote; "The dealer simply put on the Sport Package wheels and tires and sold it to me as a "sport". When you buy an SE car, you can upgrade the wheels to sport wheels. This could be called, quite correctly, a "sport wheel package" or something like that. Anybody on this board would notice that the car had no M-Sport body kit, had chrome window trim, no sport seats, no sport steering wheel ... I think what really happened is that the buyer didn't really understand what he was buying and just misunderstood. Like I said, show us a scan of the invoice or log book that shows it says "E60 M-Sport" rather than "E60 SE". If you can't, then I'm afraid you just didn't understand what you were buying and should have done a bit of research! Sorry to be harsh, no offence is intended, but I'm not convinced the dealer is at fault here.

Quick Reply: The Sport Package I bought is not installed!!!