E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Speeding

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SergeyM
WTH are you doing on this board! Go get a Corolla!
What are you serious?

Sorry to say but you are a complete moron. Unfortunately you dont think there is anything wrong with speeding "go get a corolla" than gtfo.

If you have a Fast car and a beautiful luxury car, that doesn't mean you can F#$@ around with it. All you people who show off like that ( I used to be like one ) should really be punished, because you don't understand you cause major Danger to the public safety.

Imagine one of your kids plays with a ball on the street, and some idiot driving fast and cant stop, hits the kid (1) could be killed and tons of blood on the floor, BUT remember its your f$@#$ kid. (2) in the hospital with a broken leg. What would you think to yourself?

Think before you do any of these mistakes and take your car on a race track.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
What are you serious?

Sorry to say but you are a complete moron. Unfortunately you dont think there is anything wrong with speeding "go get a corolla" than gtfo.

If you have a Fast car and a beautiful luxury car, that doesn't mean you can F#$@ around with it. All you people who show off like that ( I used to be like one ) should really be punished, because you don't understand you cause major Danger to the public safety.

Imagine one of your kids plays with a ball on the street, and some idiot driving fast and cant stop, hits the kid (1) could be killed and tons of blood on the floor, BUT remember its your f$@#$ kid. (2) in the hospital with a broken leg. What would you think to yourself?

you're completely retarded

if your kid is playing outside, on a bridge, in NYC at 1:45 am, U should be shot

and when did you pay for your actions? was it after you did 140 in a 40km zone WITH KIDS PLAYING NEARBY?? or was it after you got high and crashed the m5 you don't deserve?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Around here if your not speeding on the highways your causing an accident. Driving 55 will get you an automotive suppository.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gotabyte
My daughter got a ticket for 64 in a 40 a few years back. I had her plead not guilty and we scheduled a meeting with the assistant DA. I was able to get it down to a probation-like driving incident where nothing appears her driving record (insurance purposes) and she had to pay the fine of $275. Ironically, they sent the $275 back as a bond release. Clerks messed up at the courthouse.

You can try going that route. If you have the time, try scheduling an appointment with the prosecuting DA and see if they will reduce. If not, plead not-guilty and get a court date. Before the court date, make another attempt with the DA. They do not like to defend these things. It wastes their time and the officer's time. If you do have to appear in court you would be better off getting an attorney or just paying. Judges are very biased in these things and justice is blind in the officer's favor.

BTW - She did not get off free. I made her donate the money to a charity and write an essay on safe driving as well as loose driving privileges for 3 months.
Thanks for the tip. I just caught a 50/30 right after work : ( Still waiting for the ticket. So I rather do that? Make an appointment with the D.A. The only thing that messes me up is that I only have a permit.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GP550iSport
Pulled over speeding at 1:45am, clocked at 86 in a 40 going over RFK brdge. Need info for a good traffic lawyer.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Call Richard Bernsley @ 845-294-4788, he's in Goshen, NY and tell him Ms. Cortez referred you and can he refer you to someone. See, he's an accident lawyer but he knows alot of ppl.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 M5

Originally Posted by SergeyM
Is it NYC? If so you're screwed! No mercy for traffic violators in NYC. No plea bargains, nothing.
BTW, do not listen to any advice given people from other states or even the state of New York. NYC is special. No real court, no real judge, no need for the cop to prove you guilt beyond the reasonable doubt, no escape, nothing. Keep rescheduling your court day as many times as you can, then hire a lawyer and have him reschedule and pray for the cop to get reassigned or move far, far away, so far he would not be able to meet you in court.
lmao! SergeyM is dead on NYC courts... they don't give 2 $h!ts who you are, where your from, what you did or didn't do... The judge will ask you one question... "Were you speeding? Yes or No?"... Answer yes, and your court date is over... Answer No and she'll ask you what speed you think you were driving and then ask you question no. 1 again...

Like I said before, I got a ticket for going 62 in a 55 on the Henry Hudson passing through 96th Street and the damn F*ing judge wouldn't budge! I had another ticket for not stopping at a stop sign in the Bronx and the judge threw it out because the cop did not properly fill the summons!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
What are you serious?

Old 08-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

wow that duble the speed.
good luck on the fight.
In HK if duble the speed then it a ban on driveing for the 1st time for 3 months :thumbsdown: do not matter if you have a lawer or not
Old 08-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

Wow dude that bridge is the biggest speed trap in the city tsk tsk, you should know better . Anyway definitely get a lawyer. They just want the cash. If you're willing to pay you should get off with minimal points
Old 08-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

get a V1, hehe.

Quick Reply: Speeding