E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Speeding

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think people ever learn do they? good luck buddy for getting careless driving ticket and nice suspension
Old 08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Either see an attorney or do it yourself. Since you have no experience, call attorney. Me? I used to use attorney, now I do it myself. Very easy process....but I guarantee myself results. Although my attorney takes $130 and i dont get fines or points. Always gets dismissed. I've had about 9 tickets in the last 3 yrs. I was in Miami visiting and I hired an attorney down there. They took $150 and I was found guilty and had to pay the $300 fine. So if it's not local to you then you decide how to handle. My local attorney handled perfect but now I know the drill. Still it's worth the $130 to have him handle. I just like the excitment but they do not like to schedule at a time of my choosing which is inconvenient. When you show up with pictures, graphs, statistics, laser pointers etc.....they'll wonder. If you're good at presenting yourself and speaking and proving reasonable doubt, do it!

Did you take mental notes? Officer get all info on ticket correct? Any discrepency? Get you with Laser or Radar? If radar was it moving radar or stationary radar? Did they clock you another officer? Do they have their updated training certificate to use that device? Did the officer wear eyeglasses or contacts? And why do they? Do they have astigmatism? When was the last eye exam? etc etc.... good luck
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Members

86 in a 40?

Really????

86 in a 40, and you want someone here to help you? You're a criminal and you should have to pay the full fee. Seriously, you're going to kill someone driving like that. WTH were you thinking?? There are inocent people on the streets who don't deserve to be killed by you.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!

I wouldn't help you if I could....
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would warn against the guys in here saying "that is no big deal.." and making it sound like if you pay up thye wont care or are in it for the money.

Doubling the speed limit is pretty dangerous-more so in any kind of city or non-highway setting.

However I would just consider yourself lucky if you get no criminal charge-double the limit in any state is a criminal charge if not pleaded down-

I have done lots of dumb stuff-going 140 in nevada on a 75mph speed limit is probably the worst. Was not caught and thankfully have never been caught with lots of 110mph in a 65 zone. This year I kind of just realized it wasnt worth it, thanked the lucky stars I was not caught and learend my lesson BEFORE rather than after something to wreck your life happens-criminal charge, no liscence, injury, vehiclar homocide etc.

I started enjoying my car for what it was worth-a lux bmw-and kept the racing to the track.

In the end, life is hard enough these days-let alone adding a criminal record to your portfolio--

good luck man-I hope you get it taken care of and then just chill and enjoy the smoothness of your beautiful ride and use the power to GET TO 40-then stop at 40
Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Speeding is speeding, why are you trying to get off it? man up and except you did some thing wrong amd don`t speed next time:thumbsdown: .

Old 08-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Either see an attorney or do it yourself. Since you have no experience, call attorney. Me? I used to use attorney, now I do it myself. Very easy process....but I guarantee myself results. Although my attorney takes $130 and i dont get fines or points. Always gets dismissed. I've had about 9 tickets in the last 3 yrs. I was in Miami visiting and I hired an attorney down there. They took $150 and I was found guilty and had to pay the $300 fine. So if it's not local to you then you decide how to handle. My local attorney handled perfect but now I know the drill. Still it's worth the $130 to have him handle. I just like the excitment but they do not like to schedule at a time of my choosing which is inconvenient. When you show up with pictures, graphs, statistics, laser pointers etc.....they'll wonder. If you're good at presenting yourself and speaking and proving reasonable doubt, do it!

Did you take mental notes? Officer get all info on ticket correct? Any discrepency? Get you with Laser or Radar? If radar was it moving radar or stationary radar? Did they clock you another officer? Do they have their updated training certificate to use that device? Did the officer wear eyeglasses or contacts? And why do they? Do they have astigmatism? When was the last eye exam? etc etc.... good luck
lol, this is funny, but good advice.

and all you guys acting like you never speed need to get real.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

You are right in getting an attorney, I always do. I even got a 125 in a 55 reduced to a 64 in a 55 which was the same as doing 56 in a 55.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

Originally Posted by GP550iSport
Pulled over speeding at 1:45am, clocked at 86 in a 40 going over RFK brdge. Need info for a good traffic lawyer.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Is it NYC? If so you're screwed! No mercy for traffic violators in NYC. No plea bargains, nothing.
BTW, do not listen to any advice given people from other states or even the state of New York. NYC is special. No real court, no real judge, no need for the cop to prove you guilt beyond the reasonable doubt, no escape, nothing. Keep rescheduling your court day as many times as you can, then hire a lawyer and have him reschedule and pray for the cop to get reassigned or move far, far away, so far he would not be able to meet you in court.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

Originally Posted by saxart
86 in a 40?

Really????

86 in a 40, and you want someone here to help you? You're a criminal and you should have to pay the full fee. Seriously, you're going to kill someone driving like that. WTH were you thinking?? There are inocent people on the streets who don't deserve to be killed by you.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!

I wouldn't help you if I could....
WTH are you doing on this board! Go get a Corolla!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

c';mon guys. give him a break. U know WE ALL speed here and there. I am sure he was speeding with minimal traffic. He's trying to seek help.

Quick Reply: Speeding