E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Spec changes from week 9 production

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ruthenium trim looks great on the 6 series as it has a real metal look to it. It would be good if they offered this trim option on the 5 as well instead of the Titanium or aluminium trims.

Whilst they are improving the steering wheel maybe they ought to look at the quality of the leather on there. Even on my sport steering wheel it isn't great and the rim itself could do with being thicker like the one in the 3 series.

It's good to see that certain aspects of the interior are being improved as it shows that BMW are listening to their customers. It's a pity the cars weren't launched with this standard of quality though.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:11 PM
The ruthenium trim looks great on the 6 series as it has a real metal look to it. It would be good if they offered this trim option on the 5 as well instead of the Titanium or aluminium trims.

Whilst they are improving the steering wheel maybe they ought to look at the quality of the leather on there. Even on my sport steering wheel it isn't great and the rim itself could do with being thicker like the one in the 3 series.

It's good to see that certain aspects of the interior are being improved as it shows that BMW are listening to their customers. It's a pity the cars weren't launched with this standard of quality though.
[snapback]81565[/snapback]
Hi ISUK!
Just posted simulteneously same opinion on the quality on another thread
As for ruthenium I think current gear shift lever and I-drive knob is ruthenium.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jan 20 2005, 11:19 PM
[quote name='BangleBox_530d' date='Jan 20 2005, 08:56 PM']So, will future software updated provide these new features in current cars with nav?

Iceman, we need you! NOW!!!!!!
[snapback]81200[/snapback]
What features are you talking about?
3D view in nav?
[snapback]81241[/snapback]
[/quote]

When you get more info on the next software release, please see if you can find out if DSC+ and new features in NAV are simply a software upgrade.

Also, they might be available as a software upgrade, but BMW might want to charge for these. I know that MP3 is an "undelivered feature", but these new ones seem to be ones that haven't been promised.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by igor' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:17 PM
[quote name='ISUK' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:11 PM']The ruthenium trim looks great on the 6 series as it has a real metal look to it. It would be good if they offered this trim option on the 5 as well instead of the Titanium or aluminium trims.

Hi ISUK!
As for ruthenium I think current gear shift lever and I-drive knob is ruthenium.
[snapback]81566[/snapback]
[/quote]

Current gear shift lever and I-drive knob are plastic. Not ruthenium like you're dreaming.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by igor' date='Jan 21 2005, 07:53 PM
[quote name='WeeDee' date='Jan 21 2005, 11:21 AM']Does anybody know if there will be new colors introduced with the changes in week 9? I am about to order my new 5 but can't make up my mind on the color. If it would be possible to get Havanna (available on 1 and new 3 series), I definately would go for that. I most probably will take the truffle brown interior, so I'd have to go for a dark outside color as an alternative. I guess black is the only option here. The other configuration would be the silver grey exterior with black leather interior. Anybody want to give some recommendations?

Bye 4 now...
[snapback]81546[/snapback]
No idea about standard exterior colours but for available Individual colours,it seems they ad Rubin Black and Opal Black i/o Carbon Black. If I were You I wud look at the new light Poplar trim. It cud be good with Truffel Brown though I have never seen it in person.
[snapback]81556[/snapback]
[/quote]

I also heard about Opal black, but no confirmation yet if it will be available as an MSports package colour.
Does anyone have pictures of these 2 new colours?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Jan 21 2005, 01:02 PM
[quote name='igor' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:17 PM'][quote name='ISUK' date='Jan 21 2005, 12:11 PM']The ruthenium trim looks great on the 6 series as it has a real metal look to it. It would be good if they offered this trim option on the 5 as well instead of the Titanium or aluminium trims.

Hi ISUK!
[snapback]81566[/snapback]
[/quote]

Current gear shift lever and I-drive knob are plastic. Not ruthenium like you're dreaming.
[snapback]81581[/snapback]
[/quote]

I mean it is ruthenium colour. As for me the wood trims also look like imitation like
furniture in a middle class shop.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Hi igor,

You are right anout the gear shift and i-drive controller. How are you getting on with ordering your individual spec car?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jan 21 2005, 02:55 PM
Hi igor,

You are right anout the gear shift and i-drive controller. How are you getting on with ordering your individual spec car?
[snapback]81628[/snapback]
I am struggling with it....My garage can't even get a new brochure from Munich for more than 3 months. But I will not give in.... With all the news about coming changes,expected improvements,MY06,etc... I plan to order the car in June for start of production in September to be on the safe side. I keep my fingers crossed....
Old 01-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

The lack of knowledge amongst dealers about the Individual programme is shocking. Even BMW's website is poor on this issue. I can't understand why this programme is not marketed properly as it must be a good profit earner for them.

I hope you get sorted out ok.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:58 PM

Once again BMW is scewing us over one day at a time!

Quick Reply: Spec changes from week 9 production