E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Spec changes from week 9 production

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jan 20 2005, 06:34 PM
I have just seen the 3D map on a 7series. I like the map display better and don't really miss the 3D.
[snapback]81153[/snapback]

You got photo?I like it.Can we update it?Why you can't order Phone prof anymore?Whats the diffrent whit the materials in the interior...?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

Interior changes for all 5 Series models:

The following interior changes will be introduced:

Handbrake handle grip will now be finished in leather
All air vents within the dashboard and rear centre console will have a chrome insert on the vent direction levers
Steering wheel inserts will have improved ?soft-feel? plastics
Heater control dials (only for Air Conditioning-advanced) will have Ruthenium finished surrounds
Driver?s side stowage compartment (below headlight switch) will increase is size and have a compartment door similar to the E46 3 Series
Whenever an upgrade interior trim is specified (435,437 or 438) the rear centre console will automatically receive two cigar lighters.

Again this is taken from www.bm3w.co.uk

My handbrake leaver already is leather? The things I would really have liked are the improved plastics in the steering wheel and the improved stowage compartment...the current shelf is cr4p!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by David' date='Jan 20 2005, 07:44 PM

All air vents within the dashboard and rear centre console will have a chrome insert on the vent direction levers
Heater control dials (only for Air Conditioning-advanced) will have Ruthenium finished surrounds
Driver?s side stowage compartment (below headlight switch) will increase is size and have a compartment door similar to the E46 3 Series
Whenever an upgrade interior trim is specified (435,437 or 438) the rear centre console will automatically receive two cigar lighters.

My handbrake leaver already is leather? The things I would really have liked are the improved plastics in the steering wheel and the improved stowage compartment...the current shelf is cr4p!
[snapback]81180[/snapback]
But its in leather cause you have leather dakota or leather exclusive else its in plastic...

I'm jalous at the nex features 3d view,chrome on airvents,...
Old 01-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

So, will future software updated provide these new features in current cars with nav?

Iceman, we need you! NOW!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by David' date='Jan 20 2005, 01:44 PM

[snapback]81180[/snapback]
Here in the Colonies, we don't have a driver's side stowage compartment below the light switch, small or otherwise. Just another reason to question Europe.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' date='Jan 20 2005, 08:56 PM
So, will future software updated provide these new features in current cars with nav?

[snapback]81200[/snapback]
What features are you talking about?
3D view in nav?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jan 20 2005, 11:19 PM
[quote name='BangleBox_530d' date='Jan 20 2005, 08:56 PM']So, will future software updated provide these new features in current cars with nav?

[snapback]81200[/snapback]
What features are you talking about?
3D view in nav?
[snapback]81241[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think so.
What material is the ruthium?How its look?you got an photo af that material?
Why you can't order phone prof anymore...?Cause it sucks?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:21 AM
WeeDee

Does anybody know if there will be new colors introduced with the changes in week 9? I am about to order my new 5 but can't make up my mind on the color. If it would be possible to get Havanna (available on 1 and new 3 series), I definately would go for that. I most probably will take the truffle brown interior, so I'd have to go for a dark outside color as an alternative. I guess black is the only option here. The other configuration would be the silver grey exterior with black leather interior. Anybody want to give some recommendations?

Bye 4 now...
Old 01-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Members

I don't like that BMW is changing so much...What they all changed against the first models.
Chrome pipes
HUD availble(thats good )
wood on center console
crome at airvents
3d view
better materials (like around airco)
and much more

after 2 moths are again things changed by BMW
A little to much...
i and my dad want chrome at airvents to,woorden pannel 3d view,new material for airco,...
Old 01-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by WeeDee' date='Jan 21 2005, 11:21 AM
Does anybody know if there will be new colors introduced with the changes in week 9? I am about to order my new 5 but can't make up my mind on the color. If it would be possible to get Havanna (available on 1 and new 3 series), I definately would go for that. I most probably will take the truffle brown interior, so I'd have to go for a dark outside color as an alternative. I guess black is the only option here. The other configuration would be the silver grey exterior with black leather interior. Anybody want to give some recommendations?

Bye 4 now...
[snapback]81546[/snapback]
No idea about standard exterior colours but for available Individual colours,it seems they ad Rubin Black and Opal Black i/o Carbon Black. If I were You I wud look at the new light Poplar trim. It cud be good with Truffel Brown though I have never seen it in person.

Quick Reply: Spec changes from week 9 production