E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sold my 545i for a 2010 Range Rover supercharged...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='1029854' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:56 AM
Dude, the cheerleading for TATA from certain corners is a bit much. And obviously heavily biased...

This is not the first time when someone questions the new ownership of Jaguar/RR (and rightly so since TATA has had zero presence on the luxury car world stage until now) that a select few come out to tell us all how WONDERFULL TATA is.

Why can't I find US sales data for Jaguar? Wards automotive says TATA will no longer release US sales figures, why? Because they are dropping like a stone. I have seen exactly one new XF on the road in the last year, ONE.

I like the new RR and if I had money to burn I would consider one (as a lease) but anyone who is considering buying a Jaguar or RR has to be concerned about the long term viability of the brand in the US. This is evident in the horrendous depreciation on Jaguars.
Dude I don't rally behind most Indian companies but TATA is an exception, I concur with your point about TATAs not zero presence on the luxury car world etc etc... but as long as you are willing to Lease an RR if you had the money its all good

I am hoping JLR bounces back once people forget the fact JLR is owned by TATA.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Contributors

I was one of the privileged enthusiast invited to the first launch of JLR in India with the Man Ratan Tata himself addressing and mixing with the guest and it was phenominal to see his enthusisim and exicitment for JLR's future through the eyes of the owner... I love and admire the man's sprit.

I definately seeying myself buying a RR when I am 40+ and the Mrs. loves the Jags... lets see what the future holds.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Silver BMW 525i, loaded w/o Nav 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, loaded w/o Nav

Well, there's a butt-load of Jaguar XF's on the road in Dallas...

Not as plentiful as BMW (WHich Jaguar never has been) but, I probably see 4 XF's for every XJ or XK I see.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='1029854' date='Oct 11 2009, 12:56 PM
Dude, the cheerleading for TATA from certain corners is a bit much. And obviously heavily biased...

This is not the first time when someone questions the new ownership of Jaguar/RR (and rightly so since TATA has had zero presence on the luxury car world stage until now) that a select few come out to tell us all how WONDERFULL TATA is.

Why can't I find US sales data for Jaguar? Wards automotive says TATA will no longer release US sales figures, why? Because they are dropping like a stone. I have seen exactly one new XF on the road in the last year, ONE.

I like the new RR and if I had money to burn I would consider one (as a lease) but anyone who is considering buying a Jaguar or RR has to be concerned about the long term viability of the brand in the US. This is evident in the horrendous depreciation on Jaguars.
Jaguar depreciation is a serious problem. Buying a new one is not a smart financial move. Leasing is the better option.

But, in the NYC area, I see plenty of Jaguar XFs on the road.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 AM
skw
Members

First, congrats to the OP on the new vehicle. My wife & I attended the 2010 Land Rover premier event a few weeks back. I took a ride in a new Range and was very impressed. The new RR, RRS, & LR4 are now more on a luxurios level while still retaining their off road capabilities. The RR Sport is actually on the LR3/LR4 platform so a completely different vehicle from the Range Rover. Personally, last yr we were interested in the LR3 but w/ news of a new model decided to wait. I wonder to what extent BMW still has a role in Land Rover engineering or part supplies. While BMW had i-drive & LR uses a touch screen, look @ the menus/graphics in the F01 750 & the Range, the continued use of HK Logic 7 sound system, & the new engine (in the LR4 anyway) now also has no dipstick but rather an oil level sensor. We're still waiting for a few things to get settled but final contenders to replace our Xterra in February of next yr are the LR4 & X5 35d. So far there's no comparison to the X5's driving dynamics, safety (my e39 528 literally saved my life), & fuel consumption, but the interior passenger room & cargo room seriously tip the scales in the other direction. Then hopefully I can get rid of this Accord and into a 550 as my daily driver.