E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow Navi and voice recognition

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Carbonblack with Amethyst leather (two-tone), M-sportpackage, 19 inch 172M wheels, Nightvision, Navigation Prof., Head-Up Display, Voice recognition, Bluetooth phone prep., Hifi Prof. Logic 7, High beam Assistant, Active steering, Rearseat sideairbags, Spare wheel, Alarm, no model inscription, Moonroof, Rear sunshade, Auto-dim + Folding Ext. mirrors, Dark Poplar High gloss, Cupholders, Comfortseats, Folding rearseats, PDC, Bi-Xenon headlights, Extended light package, High gloss Shadow line

As I?ve posted here I?ve picked up a brand new 535d yesterday.

I think the Prof nav. is extremly slow when calculating the route compared to the Prof. nav. in the E46 and the Business nav. in the E60.

Is it a shared opinion that the Prof. nav. is extremly slow?
Or is this a common problem, and if so is there a solution?

Also the voice recognition system is really slow because of a dealer mistake it?s still in german but it will be reprogramed next week to english, maybe it will be faster after that??
Old 06-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by -LG-' post='294961' date='Jun 9 2006, 09:28 AM

I think the Prof nav. is extremly slow when calculating the route compared to the Prof. nav. in the E46 and the Business nav. in the E60.

Also the voice recognition system is really slow because of a dealer mistake it?s still in german but it will be reprogramed next week to english, maybe it will be faster after that??
Your voice may get slower because the dealer will add a Translator because all BMW originally speak German, internally now the German will be heard by the translator first and they spoken as English

On a serious note: Professional Nav is extremely slow the world over. Same with voice.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 530d M Sport Saloon; Auto; Silver Grey; Navigation System Professional; Sun Protection Glass; M Rear Spoiler; No Model Inscription; Bluetooth Telephone Preparation; BMW 6 Disc CD Changer

Originally Posted by -LG-' post='294961' date='Jun 9 2006, 09:28 AM

I have the Prof Nav in a 2006 E60 and I find it very slow. Last week it was updated to the latest software, but still it is very very slow. Unbelievable given the price of this option. Also I'm very disappointed with the graphics when compared to other Sat Nav units (including those in other BMW vehicles).

If there was one thing about the car I would change, it would be the Sat Nav.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Members

To change the spoken commands to English, recode has to be done?

Thanks!!