E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sloooooow idrive

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
I've noticed that if I hit a button on the fob to wake up the car as I'm walking up to it, and start the car like 45 secs later the I drive is booted up, phone connected, etc, instantly. If I wait and hit the button right as i'm getting in, or just open the door without hitting a button on the fob, the i drive boots slowly. I guess it takes a few secs for the car to come out of sleep mode.
Interesting...I'll try this too! however 99% of the time my car is not locked as its in my garage.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
iDrive is slow in general, especially more so if you have a lot of options on your car. Think of it as a computer. It has to boot up and load. Just like how your computer is pretty unresponsive immediately after booting your operating system. It's like it's loading startup items.
Yes, I agree with this statement. BUT! A 70k car should not have a slow processor LOL. My sister just bought a Nissan for 1/3 of the price and has no issues! WTF BMW.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

Originally Posted by BillMcC
Interesting...I'll try this too! however 99% of the time my car is not locked as its in my garage.
it doesn't have to be locked to go into sleep mode. I leave mine unlocked too in the garage, but I always hit the unlock button on the fob as I'm coming out the door from the house to wake it up, so everything can start booting up before I get in. When I hit the button, the fuel pump primes for a few secs or whatever the hiss noise is from the back of the car, and the amber light by the shifter lights up, which means the car is out of sleep mode. This always works for me.....
Only time I notice a lag in the idrive when the car is awake, is when I shut the car off for 5 mins or so when I get gas....then it'll be slow to boot back up for whatever reason. I've learned to just leave the fob in the slot after shutting off the car when I get gas....this keeps the i drive on
Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
it doesn't have to be locked to go into sleep mode. I leave mine unlocked too in the garage, but I always hit the unlock button on the fob as I'm coming out the door from the house to wake it up, so everything can start booting up before I get in. When I hit the button, the fuel pump primes for a few secs or whatever the hiss noise is from the back of the car, and the amber light by the shifter lights up, which means the car is out of sleep mode. This always works for me.....
Only time I notice a lag in the idrive when the car is awake, is when I shut the car off for 5 mins or so when I get gas....then it'll be slow to boot back up for whatever reason. I've learned to just leave the fob in the slot after shutting off the car when I get gas....this keeps the i drive on
Cool i'll give this a try.