E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Side mirrors not going back to original position after tilting down

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too, but driver side mirror
Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

I just got my car back from service, and I think they fixed my mirror problem. The SA said that they upgraded the software and to address this. Not sure what version cip was installed, yet to get the paperwork. So far so good.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

let me see:

- Mirror problem:
* updated software
* changed control unit
* and now ????
- turn left light: does not work. stop after a couple of clicks (no problem with the right one)
- lost my rubbers of my exhaust
- the plate in the back of my touring to close the logage part does not work all the time (specially when it is raining)
- crashed in the leather and wood
my previous one:
- heating of the seats problems
- promisses MP3 not working
- problems with benzine tank

so at all --> I am a BMW lover (I have 3 old timers-these are working better than the new ones) but I am considering of not buying BMW at all in the future.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i, Monaco Blue Metallic, Beige Leather, Premium Package

I switched the mirror selector so that it wouldn't tilt in reverse and the passenger mirror stills moves out of position regularly. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 M5 CP
Thumbs up

I have a 2008 550i. I had brought it in to the dealer a few months ago with this same issue. They couldn't replicate the problem. When I picked up the car I was able to replicate the problem with the passenger side mirror not going back to original position. What they did was replace everything dealing with that passenger side mirror, except the mirror and the housing the mirror goes into.

This worked for a couple of weeks but once in a while the mirror doesn't return all the way back to the original position. I will probably wait and have them look at it when it's time for the first major service.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

I watched mine the other day. It comes back to the original position, but sometimes for some unknown reason, it'll creep inward just a little bit. Multiply that over several reverse cycles, and you've got a badly aimed mirror.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Members

Booked my 535d in for a few faults (that just doesn't sit well with me for a car of this premium?) and included on the list is the passenger mirror issue. From this thread it doesn't sound like there's much chance of them coming up with a fix for this, unless any of you guys can tell me your dealer came up with a definitive answer?

Mine's been in for programming twice, last time was in May to version 29.2 so this is fairly recent and Im assuming a newer update isn't going to solve the problem.

Will let you know if they have any luck...

Barry
Old 08-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Contributors

Based on the advice of member EM_5 from this thread: link, I deactivated the "last seat position" option via IDrive. I don't know about others, but I haven't needed to readjust my passenger mirror in the last couple months.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 325i Touring E60 530i Sedan

Originally Posted by JDoug550' post='655943' date='Aug 27 2008, 10:49 PM
Based on the advice of member EM_5 from this thread: link, I deactivated the "last seat position" option via IDrive. I don't know about others, but I haven't needed to readjust my passenger mirror in the last couple months.
Thanks for the tip I'll try it later.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Msports. Sapphire Black on Black. Cube Aluminium Interior. Matte Black Grills.

Hi guys,

I had the same problem where my passenger mirror wouldnt return to place after reversing. Took it back to the dealer and they sorted. My apologies for not knowing what exactly they did but the problem hasnt reoccurred ever since and its been 2 months.

Quick Reply: Side mirrors not going back to original position after tilting down