E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Servotronic failure at 50,001 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

What is the name of said dealership?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

BMW Customer Relations is currently reading this. If the car was still covered under warranty at the 49,999 mark (which I'm inclined to think if the dealer is offering extended warranties to you) , BMWNA should cover this under goodwill. Even still, considering the treatment and improper responses given by your dealer, coupled with the number of prior BMW cars owned, BMWNA may want to intervene on a customer retention basis.

Servotronic failure at 50,001 miles-bmwna.jpg
Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka' post='933884' date='Jul 6 2009, 09:27 AM
What is the name of said dealership?
BMW & Mini of South Atlanta
4171 Jonesboro Rd, Union City, GA 30291
Old 07-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by 149' post='932569
I definitely recommend calling BMW NA and having them work with your dealership. I was recently in the same situation, the dealership originally wanted almost 7500 for a new transmission and installation. After a few calls and complaints to BMW NA, the dealership offered to install the transmission for free if I buy the transmission from BMW, BMW NA would cover $1000 of the new transmission.

Originally Posted by 149' post='938874' date='Jul 10 2009, 05:17 PM
BMW & Mini of South Atlanta
4171 Jonesboro Rd, Union City, GA 30291

That's what I thought...I take my 5er there for scheduled maintenance. Never had a prob until my last visit. First I noticed my regular SA wasn't working there anymore. Then they couldn't fix a specific problem I pointed out, finally the person who washed my car left dirty water stains on my carpet. I wasn't upset since I could live with the problem (and the carpet stain came out easily) but I did mention it on the customer satisfaction survey sent to my email.

A few days later the SA called me back to apologize about the water stains and set up a second appointment to fix the problem with my car. Although I didn't give them a bad survey rating it appears someone from higher up actually read my comments and then proceeded to get in their @$$ because my problem should have been fixed.

I dropped my car off today. They waived the gas on my loaner as compensation for the water stains. Now I'm trying to cope with the agony of driving a weak 328i but that's another story.

My point is do make a complaint if you feel you are not being treated properly. BMW N/A does take an interest in customer complaints, and in this dealership's case they may be feeling some heat.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka' post='938939' date='Jul 10 2009, 06:09 PM
That's what I thought...I take my 5er there for scheduled maintenance. Never had a prob until my last visit. First I noticed my regular SA wasn't working there anymore. Then they couldn't fix a specific problem I pointed out, finally the person who washed my car left dirty water stains on my carpet. I wasn't upset since I could live with the problem (and the carpet stain came out easily) but I did mention it on the customer satisfaction survey sent to my email.

A few days later the SA called me back to apologize about the water stains and set up a second appointment to fix the problem with my car. Although I didn't give them a bad survey rating it appears someone from higher up actually read my comments and then proceeded to get in their @$$ because my problem should have been fixed.

I dropped my car off today. They waived the gas on my loaner as compensation for the water stains. Now I'm trying to cope with the agony of driving a weak 328i but that's another story.

My point is do make a complaint if you feel you are not being treated properly. BMW N/A does take an interest in customer complaints, and in this dealership's case they may be feeling some heat.
Thank you for the note.

I do not trust them with my car or my money now, so it will be difficult to go back there.

They blew a sale also, because my mother in-law just traded her 530i (with 30,000 miles) in for a competing brand...