E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously!!! thats not fair

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

Hello everyone,

original topic : https://5series.net/forums/topic/116...itting-my-car/

today I went to the campus police to pick up the accident's report and I was surprised about what the officer reported

here is what the report say:

(on Monday, August 29, 2011, I responded to a vehicle accident in lot 5. I identified both individuals as [the name of the girl V1] and [me V2]. V1 was backing out of a parking spot and V2 was going straight and struck V1. the rest of the report is about the estimating the damages )

don't you think the report is not fair? because she hit me and in the report they said V2 struck V1

do u think her insurance company would say it's my fault??

thank u in advance for sharing.

Majed,
Old 09-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i 2007 750i

I think that sounds like a whole lot of bullshit, he's definitely prejudiced in one or the other way. There's no way he can write that you "hit" some other car while it was backing out of a parking spot. As long as you're not exceeding speed limits in the parking lot, the person who is leaving his parking spot is the first one responsible to make sure there are no cars in the way, and he/she is the one "hitting" other vehicle.
You definitely neeed to have that report replaced before the things reach the insurance.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

parking lot accident usually 50/50 but since she was backing out, then your insurance will not accept the 50% portion. If you do have full coverage, open a claim with your own insurance company so they can pay for your repair then let them fight it out of the other party's insurance is not accepting 100% liability.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by beamlord
I think that sounds like a whole lot of bullshit, he's definitely prejudiced in one or the other way. There's no way he can write that you "hit" some other car while it was backing out of a parking spot. As long as you're not exceeding speed limits in the parking lot, the person who is leaving his parking spot is the first one responsible to make sure there are no cars in the way, and he/she is the one "hitting" other vehicle.
You definitely neeed to have that report replaced before the things reach the insurance.
I swear I was driving like 5 mile. my car was almost not moving and suddenly she got out of the parking and hit me.

do u think if i go to the police office they will change the report? thank you
Old 09-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
parking lot accident usually 50/50 but since she was backing out, then your insurance will not accept the 50% portion. If you do have full coverage, open a claim with your own insurance company so they can pay for your repair then let them fight it out of the other party's insurance is not accepting 100% liability.
I do have full coverage but If I file a claim with my insurance then the cost of the insurance would raise up.
I already found someone local who has the same color as my bumper and it's really clean for $100 there is no need to claim my insurance. her insurance should pay everything
Old 09-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

you can request to have the report amend and attach your own statement of what had taken place but it wouldn't make any difference. Insurance adjuster will be able to tell who hit who from the point of impact and direction of travel.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mbawazir
I do have full coverage but If I file a claim with my insurance then the cost of the insurance would raise up.
I already found someone local who has the same color as my bumper and it's really clean for $100 there is no need to claim my insurance. her insurance should pay everything

if you're not at fault then you don't have to worry about your premium going up since your insurance company will try to collect from the responsible party. You might have to be responsible for the deductible up front and they will reimburse it back to you at a later time once they get pay. The reason why I'm suggesting this is because it's the best way to the handle the situation. Insurance is out to make money and they will protect you as much as possible, no matter what the report stated.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

you can request to have the report amend and attach your own statement of what had taken place but it wouldn't make any difference. Insurance adjuster will be able to tell who hit who from the point of impact and direction of travel.
I already got an estimating about my damages and filed a claim with her insurance but they told me to get another one from their trustworthy shops so ill go tomorrow to get another one
Old 09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

if you already contacted her insurance company and they're not disputing liability then you have nothing to worry about despite what the report said.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

if you're not at fault then you don't have to worry about your premium going up since your insurance company will try to collect from the responsible party. You might have to be responsible for the deductible up front and they will reimburse it back to you at a later time once they get pay. The reason why I'm suggesting this is because it's the best way to the handle the situation. Insurance is out to make money and they will protect you as much as possible, no matter what the report stated.
I'll see what her insurance say and if they don't cover a 100% my damages then I'll file a claim at my insurance

Quick Reply: Seriously!!! thats not fair