E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously!!! thats not fair

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
if you already contacted her insurance company and they're not disputing liability then you have nothing to worry about despite what the report said.
they just told me to get the estimating and then they will send an agent to look at my car after that they will decide what would happen
Old 09-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

it might help to get a statement from her on the record by amending the police report and/or typing one up and having it notarized. that way if the cop remains a dick about it you have ur butt covered...
Old 09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
it might help to get a statement from her on the record by amending the police report and/or typing one up and having it notarized. that way if the cop remains a dick about it you have ur butt covered...
I hope everything works well tomorrow.
someone called me from her insurance company and were asking some question. I told her about the report mistake and also that the girl admitted to me it was her fault. she told me not to worry about the report because it was my way and she should make sure that the way was clear. but still dont kno if I should go to the police to fix the report
Old 09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Senior Members

hello everyone,

here is some updates:

I got two estimating for my car, first one was from a shop that i picked up randomly and they said that the bumper need to be replaced and quoted me $1100 for everything.
but the insurance company said that I need to get an estimating from their authorized shop and their shop said that there is no need to replace the bumper and quoted me $650 to fix n paint it.

still the insurance agent have not call me yet, probably they will call on monday.

so what do you guys suggest? Thank you
Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525
Model Year: 2004

$650 to paint and fix seems cheap. I was just quoted on a respray of front and rear bumpers at $900, and those didn't need any work.

Where in Charlotte have you gotten your quotes from? I've used S&M in Pinville on several of my cars and always had a very positive experience. They seem to work well with most insurance companies.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ceenit
$650 to paint and fix seems cheap. I was just quoted on a respray of front and rear bumpers at $900, and those didn't need any work.

Where in Charlotte have you gotten your quotes from? I've used S&M in Pinville on several of my cars and always had a very positive experience. They seem to work well with most insurance companies.
I got a quote from (wilburn uptown). the insurance company I am claiming has an office in that body shop so I think they kind of giving low estimating because they try to pay as low as they could, if I wasnt claiming them probably the estimating would be higher
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport CPO Space Age Grey

mbawazir- Just pick a shop of YOUR choice, give them the insurance estimate... Let them battle the insurance company for you.

Yes you pay your deductible at the end, let the two hash it out.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BL 5
mbawazir- Just pick a shop of YOUR choice, give them the insurance estimate... Let them battle the insurance company for you.

Yes you pay your deductible at the end, let the two hash it out.
I do not want my insurance company to get involved. I got 2 BMWs and I already pay a high price every month.
I am going to 2 different shops to get an estimating, I wont tell them that am claiming any insurance company I will say repairing is under my cost. if any report says I need to replace the bumper then the insurance company am claiming could say nothing because the shops am going to are authorized by them
Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

Once liability is established, just drop it off at a shop of your choice and let the shop take care of it. If the shop cannot repair it within the insurance company estimate, the shop will call them down to point out the reason why. Of course you also have another option by accepting the insurance estimate and keep the money and use it on an aftermarket bumper or buy a used bumper.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by mbawazir
I swear I was driving like 5 mile. my car was almost not moving and suddenly she got out of the parking and hit me.

do u think if i go to the police office they will change the report? thank you
First thing first. What part of your car did she hit and vice-versa? Very important. If she hit any where to the side of your car (side of bumper), then it is definitely her fault and the report needs to be corrected. If the front of your car (bumper is damaged), then you can have an uphill battle if she did not admit to fault. It doesn't matter how slow you were driving. Clear this up for us, and we can give you better advice. Maybe some pics will help.

Quick Reply: Seriously!!! thats not fair