E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Seat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Problems

What's up guys when I drive the car makes the noise to put on seat belt but my seatbelt is in and the passanger one keeps ringing I don't have any malfunction and also it's sport package the leg extenders don't open but you can hear the noise that's it's working but doesn't open or close any help would be appreciated
Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Try pressing on the pass seat cover in various spots. There is a sensor in the seat that detects if someone is sitting in the seat without their belt on. Have you been in the car where maybe you had your knees in the seat? I hear this can cause it to get damaged.

Your extender motor spindle is probably broken like mine. Its ~ about 200.00 part and your time to change it. More than likely someone sat in the seat with it extended and tried to push it back manually. Thats what happened in my case. I remember seeing my father in-law doing this as he pulled out of the driveway with my son driving. I didn't have the heart to tell him he just broke my seat... I guess i'll be repairing mine one rainy day.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Try pressing on the pass seat cover in various spots. There is a sensor in the seat that detects if someone is sitting in the seat without their belt on. Have you been in the car where maybe you had your knees in the seat? I hear this can cause it to get damaged.

Your extender motor spindle is probably broken like mine. Its ~ about 200.00 part and your time to change it. More than likely someone sat in the seat with it extended and tried to push it back manually. Thats what happened in my case. I remember seeing my father in-law doing this as he pulled out of the driveway with my son driving. I didn't have the heart to tell him he just broke my seat... I guess i'll be repairing mine one rainy day.
Thanks for the reply brotha I don't really know since my friend bought the car used he just pluged in a seat belt buckle and that takes the seatbelt noise away
Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I know my sensor in my seat is somewhat defective but it make the overhead airbag not activated light illuminate. I can press on the seat a couple of times then it goes out. But int case I understand its due to the seat leather activating the sensor. It's not always like this, but just enough to annoy me. I had read somewhere that Id you kneel in the car with your knee in the seat thus could damage the sensor for any of them.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I know my sensor in my seat is somewhat defective but it make the overhead airbag not activated light illuminate. I can press on the seat a couple of times then it goes out. But int case I understand its due to the seat leather activating the sensor. It's not always like this, but just enough to annoy me. I had read somewhere that Id you kneel in the car with your knee in the seat thus could damage the sensor for any of them.
ill tell my friend to try and press on the seat a few times and see if that fixes. if im riding shotgun and take my seatbelt off and leave the seatbelt noise keeps making