E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Standard E60 seats - comfortable?

Old 03-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have now been driving my new E60 520SE for one week and unfortunately I am having difficulty in getting comfortable in my standard cloth drivers seat. The problem appears to be that the lower part of the seatback is padded quite prominently ( much like if you had adjustable lumbar on full inflate ) which results in an uncomfortable posture. I have tried adjusting the seats in every different way but of course I can do nothing about the root cause of the problem. Does anyone else have the same problem with the standard seats?
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

THE LEATHER SEATS ARE VERY COMFORTABLE!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Members

I have the standard seats in the Dakota leather and I have no comfort problems
Old 03-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

mark

there's no doubt that the comfort seats are more comfortable than the standard items but I have found that it always takes a while to get used to a new car seat - they all seem to grip you in slightly different places and it takes time to adjust

jonboy
Old 03-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Contributors

The comfort seats are superb. The best i've seen so far!
Old 03-06-2004, 02:33 PM
dude

For what it's worth, my dealer says that comfort seats are rarely ordered in his experience. The regular seats did seem comfortable to me, and I did not notice much difference with the sports seats.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Members

Mark

I have the standard seats in grey leather. They are certainly tricky to adjust but, believe me, it is worth taking the time to play around with the various settings. Frankly, I thought about asking my dealer to halp me figure out how to obtain a comfortable setting but, on reflection, thought it would be too precious a question to ask!

Also remember that you can move the steering wheel back and forth - useful for me because I found that my perfect seat position viz-a-vis the pedals left the steering too far away - soon rectified with the steering adjustment.

Don't give up!
Old 03-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Members

Will certainly keep on adjusting. I did not know that the steering wheel could be moved in and out. I have only found lever for up and down. Will have a look.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dude' date='Mar 6 2004, 05:33 PM
For what it's worth, my dealer says that comfort seats are rarely ordered in his experience. The regular seats did seem comfortable to me, and I did not notice much difference with the sports seats.
Off course, they are a bit expensive...
Old 03-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

Mark, don't know if this helps, but when I bought my first BMW - a second hand e36 about 7 years ago, for the first few days my lower back was in almost constant spasm - it was absolute agony and I seriously thought I'd have to sell the car within a fortnight.

I tried everything, rolled up towels beghind my back, under my knees the lot, I just couldn't get it right.

Then by chance really, I reclined my seat much further than I normally though would be comfortable and hey presto - my back was back to normal within 48 hrs and the seats turned out to be very comfortable even on 2.5+hr journies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Standard E60 seats - comfortable?