E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

RPA Warning while travelling at 210 km/h

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

If we get used to false tirewarning messages what is the reason for having the system?? What if we get a real warning and think aaah it's a false warning again. I'm gonna call my dealer anyway and ask them for a solution.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:51 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

I'm also not planning on getting used to this messages. I still wonder what you will notice when you have a real puncture.......

At first, I got to the station to check my tire pressure, it was above 3 bar for all my wheels! The dealer said he forgot to set it back to the regular pressure after stalling my car for a month (had to wait for the end of my lease), the high pressure was needed to decrease the bumpiness in the wheels after one month waiting.

I will reset my pressure once more and see what happens, then the dealer has to fix it.

I will get my car in Friday, I also have problems with my BT connection, callers cannot hear me very well. I'm now trying with an old 6310i as there can be connection problems with new software versions of 6310i's.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Eric,
My siemens s55 works great with the BT in the car. No problems so far.

I've got the 18 inch wheels and pressure is okay. Just checked it again today to be safe but no problem with the pressure.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Probably, you should have reset your FTM after you installed the new wheels. I bet the change of rims / tyres were slightly different pressure than your stock ones, and therefore, caused the sensor to bug.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Contributors

The winterwheels were in the trunk. I was driving my normal summertires..
Old 09-06-2004, 08:34 AM
JDN
Contributors

I've managed to suppress this idea for a couple of days, but now you've triggered me and I have lost self control.

Did you check to see if the FTM may have been telling you about the winter wheels instead of the rolling tires?

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be nice if FTM would monitor the spare for us?
Old 09-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Sep 6 2004, 10:34 AM
I've managed to suppress this idea for a couple of days, but now you've triggered me and I have lost self control.

Did you check to see if the FTM may have been telling you about the winter wheels instead of the rolling tires?

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be nice if FTM would monitor the spare for us?

Unfortunately the tires are checked by the DSC/ABS sensors instead of a measure device in the rim (like the X5) and a lot of other cars.