E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

RPA Warning while travelling at 210 km/h

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Today I had the scare of a lifetime. I was in Germany to pick up my winterwheels (wich are terrific!!). On the way back with to wheels in the trunk and two wheels on the rearbench I was going 210 km/h on the german autobahn. All of a sudden the car gives me the ding dong and warns me for critical low pressure in one of my tires. Slowed down very ease and stopped. Checked all the tires and nothing wrong. Went Into a gasstation and checked the pressure in all tires. No problem at al only the pressure was a bit to high (could have been due to the tires being very hot).

Anybody else experience this?? It scared the sh#t out of me and my wife.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Contributors

I bet, tire warning at 210

Never experienced it though.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Good thing you didn't panic...good reaction....

BTW, which winter setup did you purchase?? Original BMW ? Runflat?

Andy.

PS. Regards to JM.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Sep 5 2004, 01:54 PM
Good thing you didn't panic...good reaction....?

BTW, which winter setup did you purchase?? Original BMW ? Runflat?

Andy.

PS. Regards to JM.
Indeed. My wife was really scared but just slowed down without braking untill 60 km/h and then started braking. As long as you don't brake you keep control. Luckily no problem at all and we were safe. Be carefull out there.

Andreas check your e-mail and let me know if you are interested.

yes runflat original bmw bbs wheels. see picture.
Attached Thumbnails RPA Warning while travelling at 210 km/h-8e_12_s.jpg  
Old 09-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 5 2004, 01:43 PM
Today I had the scare of a lifetime. I was in Germany to pick up my winterwheels (wich are terrific!!). On the way back with to wheels in the trunk and two wheels on the rearbench I was going 210 km/h on the german autobahn. All of a sudden the car gives me the ding dong and warns me for critical low pressure in one of my tires. Slowed down very ease and stopped. Checked all the tires and nothing wrong. Went Into a gasstation and checked the pressure in all tires. No problem at al only the pressure was a bit to high (could have been due to the tires being very hot).

Anybody else experience this?? It scared the sh#t out of me and my wife.
Hi,

this is a well known problem of the E60s also described in various other forums. Some have it, other never faced it.

BMW will propose a software upgrade. I am not sure this will help.

I personally believe it is a problem of sensors AND software.

My E61 is 6,000km "old" now, never had a problem like yours. (Software version 11.2). My personal feeling is, this version seems to be very stable (in my car).

I am afraid of any software upgrade to enable mp3 reading on my CD drives in spring 2005 ... :'(

Regards

Jack-E61
Old 09-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Contributors

I just had the latest software upgrade last thursday. So I have the latest version.

We'll see if it occurs again. Will call my dealer to report this and to tell my concern about this issue.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 5 2004, 10:07 PM
I just had the latest software upgrade last thursday. So I have the latest version.
Which software version is the latest ??

Dennis or anyone??

Andy
Old 09-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Contributors

I have to ask the dealer I don't know.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Hi, my first post.......

I have this tyre puncture message every two days. Have the car for two weeks now. Gives me an unpleasant feeling.

Have to check into my dealer this week. Tyre pressure was too high at first, I adjusted it, reactivated RPA and I keep on getting these messages.

I'm curious on what you will notice when you really have a puncture. I'm now used to drive on after this message.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Happens to me about once every other week...never a problem (yet)

Quick Reply: RPA Warning while travelling at 210 km/h