E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

So I finally ordered a set of wheels, I've been obsessing over it for about a month I think. It was driving me nuts trying to imagine what the 20 inch wheel would look and feel like. I decided for a while that the Vertini Concave was the one! Then did more research and changed my mind to the Adv1 Adv10, then to Interad, and then D2forged. I finally found the style I truly want and I hope I don't change for a while. Concave with Deep lip! All of which are out of my price range, so I settled with the concept one RS8, and its on its way! My 1st set of any aftermarket wheels.

Now the problem is I need to take a 1000 mile road trip to Toronto and back.

I still haven't figured out what size tire will protect my new wheels from damage and also without rubbing.
Can someone suggest a tire size to wear on my road trip? I think the more rubber the safer, but I cant figure how I can do that with rubbing. I drive a 530i non sport and it has a pretty huge gap in the wheel well. :thumbsdown: If any one thinks to take my 20's is a bad idea altogether please let me know.

thanks

D
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

Two thousand miles of open asphalt in a 5-series in order to get new stuff for the 5-series... yep, that's a big problem
Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

It has been said that a non-sport, non-dropped E60 with 20's does not look good. But its okay. Get your wheels, try them on, drive with them for a while - you'll come around

Good choice on wheels, btw!

As for tires, not seeing what widths you're getting here, but off the top of my head, most people use 245/30/20 fronts and 285/25/20 rears. 275-width rears should work, but if I'm not mistaken, its one of those "ghost" sizes - almost impossible to find a manufacturer who produces it.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 09 535i Xdrive Technology package Premium Package Audiophile Sound Package

Originally Posted by Bimmer5project
So I finally ordered a set of wheels, I've been obsessing over it for about a month I think. It was driving me nuts trying to imagine what the 20 inch wheel would look and feel like. I decided for a while that the Vertini Concave was the one! Then did more research and changed my mind to the Adv1 Adv10, then to Interad, and then D2forged. I finally found the style I truly want and I hope I don't change for a while. Concave with Deep lip! All of which are out of my price range, so I settled with the concept one RS8, and its on its way! My 1st set of any aftermarket wheels.

Now the problem is I need to take a 1000 mile road trip to Toronto and back.

I still haven't figured out what size tire will protect my new wheels from damage and also without rubbing.
Can someone suggest a tire size to wear on my road trip? I think the more rubber the safer, but I cant figure how I can do that with rubbing. I drive a 530i non sport and it has a pretty huge gap in the wheel well. :thumbsdown: If any one thinks to take my 20's is a bad idea altogether please let me know.

thanks

Not many people put their address as New jersey/ Toronto! Enjoy your time in God's country-you may never go home to Jersey

D