5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Road Trip (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/road-trip-111650/)

Bimmer5project 03-29-2011 10:48 PM

So I finally ordered a set of wheels, I've been obsessing over it for about a month I think. It was driving me nuts trying to imagine what the 20 inch wheel would look and feel like. I decided for a while that the Vertini Concave was the one! Then did more research and changed my mind to the Adv1 Adv10, then to Interad, and then D2forged. I finally found the style I truly want and I hope I don't change for a while. Concave with Deep lip! All of which are out of my price range, so I settled with the concept one RS8, and its on its way! :twoup: My 1st set of any aftermarket wheels. :hyper:

Now the problem is I need to take a 1000 mile road trip to Toronto and back.

I still haven't figured out what size tire will protect my new wheels from damage and also without rubbing. :confused:
Can someone suggest a tire size to wear on my road trip? I think the more rubber the safer, but I cant figure how I can do that with rubbing. I drive a 530i non sport and it has a pretty huge gap in the wheel well. :thumbsdown: If any one thinks to take my 20's is a bad idea altogether please let me know.

thanks

D

NavarroOne 03-29-2011 11:29 PM

Two thousand miles of open asphalt in a 5-series in order to get new stuff for the 5-series... yep, that's a big problem :wow:

v_therussian 03-30-2011 12:26 AM

It has been said that a non-sport, non-dropped E60 with 20's does not look good. But its okay. Get your wheels, try them on, drive with them for a while - you'll come around :thumbsup:

Good choice on wheels, btw! :twoup:

As for tires, not seeing what widths you're getting here, but off the top of my head, most people use 245/30/20 fronts and 285/25/20 rears. 275-width rears should work, but if I'm not mistaken, its one of those "ghost" sizes - almost impossible to find a manufacturer who produces it.

ottawarealtor 03-30-2011 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bimmer5project (Post 1323471)
So I finally ordered a set of wheels, I've been obsessing over it for about a month I think. It was driving me nuts trying to imagine what the 20 inch wheel would look and feel like. I decided for a while that the Vertini Concave was the one! Then did more research and changed my mind to the Adv1 Adv10, then to Interad, and then D2forged. I finally found the style I truly want and I hope I don't change for a while. Concave with Deep lip! All of which are out of my price range, so I settled with the concept one RS8, and its on its way! :twoup: My 1st set of any aftermarket wheels. :hyper:

Now the problem is I need to take a 1000 mile road trip to Toronto and back.

I still haven't figured out what size tire will protect my new wheels from damage and also without rubbing. :confused:
Can someone suggest a tire size to wear on my road trip? I think the more rubber the safer, but I cant figure how I can do that with rubbing. I drive a 530i non sport and it has a pretty huge gap in the wheel well. :thumbsdown: If any one thinks to take my 20's is a bad idea altogether please let me know.

thanks

Not many people put their address as New jersey/ Toronto! Enjoy your time in God's country-you may never go home to Jersey :twoup:

D