E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Recode a used M-ASK or CCC to a BMW E60/61

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by hillokone' post='499617' date='Nov 27 2007, 08:13 PM
Hello BenAnd,

SSS means "Software Service Station". It is a PC which hosts the BMW Progman update software.

I can't say for sure which steps to take when replacing M-ASK with M-ASK, sorry. But I have seen that there is a service measure in SSS that you can use to replace CCC with another CCC. I believe that similar function exists also for M-ASK.
Hello hillokone

Thanks , then Im on rigth track , and know what you mean , we have tryed the option "tausen" ( german for "replace" ) , and it dident work editer.

But we ( mecanich and I ) will try again , but if anyone can explain "step by step" how to go on ,in the PROGMAN program , it wood be very nice.

Now it`s late in Denmark , so thanks for today
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d

Hi BenAnd and Hillokone,

This is really good thread. Thanks for contributing! Actually there has not been comprehensive tread that well explains recoding used M-ASK or CCC to other car.

I'm also currently struggling with same problem. Cannot recode the other M-ASK to my car. (See my posts from DIY section, link in signature)

My dealer said that before they can change vehicle order, they have to upgrade PROGMAN to the latest version. Either of You have not mentioned PROGMAN update. Have you the same latest Progman version with you dealer or is it possible change vehicle order without?

In my case vehicle order /retrofit path is not the all I need. M-ASK has to updated also, because it's older than my car and it does not support the latest navigation DVD without recoding. I'm looking forward to find help for my dealer from this discussion.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Members

Hi Vesil,

Before I did anything, I had the Progman version updated (26.02 was the latest then). I was told that Progman software should be updated before changing any modules.

BenAnd, may I ask what is broken in your current M-ASK unit ?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hillokone' post='500059' date='Nov 28 2007, 05:28 PM
Hi Vesil,

Before I did anything, I had the Progman version updated (26.02 was the latest then). I was told that Progman software should be updated before changing any modules.

BenAnd, may I ask what is broken in your current M-ASK unit ?
Hi hillokone

My problem started wen I did mount a "Allinterface" , I made some kind of erro , and my screen went blank , as i can see ( after diferent try outs ) is my Can-Bus low signal/conection from the Nav. Business M-ASK to the is screen gone :-( , ges some "littel" black IC somwere in the unit is "dead" , but wihtout any diagrams , different corect tools , and so one , I cant do anything.

Thatsway I want to change to a used one from etc. E-bay , ( a new cost apr. 3000.-USD here in Denmark :-( ) to geth my I-Drive going again , at the moment I cant controll my Bluetooth telefon , aut. clima ventilation or boardcomputer.

Is it ending up with a new replacement I will go for a new Nav. prof. CCC and 8.8" screen , that I can geth new ( un-coded ) in Germany for apr. 3000.- USD as well.

But I stilll hope that we all together find a soulution , so that anybody around the "world" can benefit , from the knowlegde that must come up here at the forum :-) :-).

Just spoke with my freind and mechanic at my local BMW dealership , and he will now try to speak with the Servic Boss for BMW Denmark about the CCC program disc , lets see wath that brings , also I will try to change a modul inside the "defect" M-ASK unit , the modul were I think the "defect" is located.

Never give up , there is always a soulution , somtimes it just takes some time and al lot of freinds to find it
Old 11-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='500092' date='Nov 28 2007, 07:34 PM
But I stilll hope that we all together find a soulution , so that anybody around the "world" can benefit , from the knowlegde that must come up here at the forum :-) :-).

Never give up , there is always a soulution , somtimes it just takes some time and al lot of freinds to find it
That's the spirit!

Yes, I have same feeling. Even my car works now perfectly with std. M-ASK, I miss the navigation feature. My plan is a little time out, progman upgrade and when I try again. I wish you good luck with Your project. Keep us updated both BenAnd and Hillokone!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Just for general info

DIS = Diagnosis and Information System. After running DIS diagnosis you would then use the SSSR (the "R" denotes the very latest version of the PC hardwar system - which BTM, may be replaced with a newer system in 2008) to run the latest PROGMAN to update any old coded modules (CCC or M-ASK) or to code new hardware.

DIS is run on hardware know as GTI and connects dufferently for various models of BMWs.

Any GOOD CCC shold be able to be updated to newer code but not backwards to older code.

Some items have a limit on how many times they can be coded but as far as I know none exist yet that should be approaching this limit unless someone has an MY2003 that got every single PROGMAN (formerly CIP) update.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Senior Members

Hi All

I have now got my Business M-ASK up and running again :-) , I got a used Business M-ASK and took the Pitcure modul from the used one ( see pitcure ) and bouild it in my defect M-ASK , my mechanic and I hade a felleing ( hope ) that the E-Prom with the "data" for updating aso. was located on the buttom print next to the light wire conection.
So thatsway we tryede this , and then made a recode af the Car , at the same time the Car got the total new software ( just releasd from BMW ).

WOW , now all the things is up and running again ( Nav./CD-Changer/MP3/Clima cont./bluetooth and AUX ).

What ever to recode a used M-ASK , we are still working on this , and I will get back when I know more.

Merry Christmas to your All
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Members

Congratulations! Well done boys!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Cool !

Where are you from BenAnd?

I'm located in the Copenhagen area, and would like to update the CIP in our car with Pro Nav, but BMW would charge me to much for that...

K?r forsigtigt
Old 12-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='505461' date='Dec 11 2007, 03:56 PM
Cool !

Where are you from BenAnd?

I'm located in the Copenhagen area, and would like to update the CIP in our car with Pro Nav, but BMW would charge me to much for that...

K?r forsigtigt

Hi E60Sim

I have sent you a PM , with location :-)