E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Recieved my new 545i

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DR.Z' date='Sep 2 2004, 03:15 PM
Well guys no I didn't, I did listen to it and it sounded great.
Any system that gives you control of MID frequencies will inhance guitar based rock tones.
Rock guitars bandwidth is quite limited between 400 Hz and 2200 Hz , with severe roll off on either side. Boosting those frequencies makes the recording come alive, more so then any treble / bass only style system, which can sound kind of flat.

Lower and higher frequencies can be enhanced for classical music , with a slight scooped mid, sounds very dynamic.

The Logic 7 allows you to taylor the tones with it's graphic EQ, and it's concert hall simulations give a nice 3 D stereo image.

As for me, I listen and play live music all day, it's like asking a mailman to go for a walk, I really enjoy the break and a bit of silence ( besides the sound of the 4.4 liter ) is very nice.

I haven't had a chance to photo my car yet.
I recieved a call from Joe Walsh late last night at home.
Joe needed a new amp for the Eagles Japanese tour, so I worked all night , play tested it over the phone to him today and will ship it tomorrow, I need some sleep.

DR.Z
What an awesome profession you have man! I agree with you - as much as I love music I'm always playing the guitar and practicing/gigging...I don't listen to music as often as people would think .

By the way, your amps fit nicely in my trunk but between you and me, I don't drive the 545 to most of my gigs (especially not when in downtown Chicago).

Congrats on the car. Tell Joe I said hi!

If you're ever curious: Nakedmile band.com. There are sound bytes and a cd for sale - I didn't play on - joined just last year. Also, platosrepublic.net

Go get some sleep!