E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear Windows Roll Down Slightly When Locking the Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 11:09 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525i LCI 08 M-Sports EURO
Default Rear Windows Roll Down Slightly When Locking the Car

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and hoping that some experience guys can help me out here.

---

1) When my car is in Locked Mode, and if I have press Lock again (just to reassure that the key is being locked), both the rear windows will roll down slightly. Any idea what is causing this to happen?

2) The car has been coded for the Side Mirrors to Fold during Lock and Unfold during Unlock. Sometimes the Driver side Side Mirror will NOT Unfold during the first Unlock.
However it does seem to unfold again when I Lock, and Unlock the car again.

3) Rear Right Door did not unlock. Had to be opened from inside and was working fine after that. This happened only once and everything is working fine after that.

----

Not sure if the issues above are inter-related and here are some information that I have done to troubleshoot the matter so far.

- The car windows works fine during single Lock and Unlock using the Key FOB. The Rear windows rolling down issue only happens when I press/ hold the Lock again for about 2 seconds while the car is in Lock Mode.

- Have coded Auto fold side mirrors to fold during Lock and Unfold during Unlock

- Have wired an AUX input and USB 5v to the Glove box Fuseboard. The Aux Input and USB 5v is hidden at the Glove box. Works fine but I am not sure if this has been causing mix signals to the above two issues.

- Fairly new batteries

- Replaced CAS Module

- No Fault Codes

Any idea guys???
Old 03-16-2017, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I wonder....

If the second lock action is attempting to roll up the windows, but the windows trigger the anti-trap function so open just a bit ??

This is a pretty weak possibility but all that occurs to me at the moment. Maybe try and reset the anti-trap force limits?

If you remove all the custom coding changes you have made, does the window behavior change?
Old 03-16-2017, 07:42 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525i LCI 08 M-Sports EURO

Thanks for your feedback. The Windows have recently been reset/ re-calibrated so I doubt it could be it. Besides, I guess the anti-trap would only be active if the Windows are rolled down to begin with.

Another similar vehicle completely stock with no custom coding at the workshop also has the same issue.

The mechanics and owners are all puzzled...