E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Locking and Un-locking

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 'Lock after driving' option enabled which is fine and is something that I had on my X5 previously. However on the X5 when I came to the end of my journey I had to press the door lock/unlock button to unlock all the doors so we could get out.
I notice that on the E60 that when I turn off the ignition the doors unlock automatically which is fine.

However my wife, when unlocking the car from outside using the key buttons prefers to have just the drivers door unlock on the first button press with the remaining opening on the second key press. But with things setup this way when she turns off the ignition only the drivers door unlocks automatically and if you then press the lock/unlock button on the dashboard it doesn't then unlock the remaining doors, instead it locks the drivers door again!

Is there anyway of configuring things so that she can have the two button press unlocking she prefers when using the key but once she turns off the ignition after driving, all the doors unlock and not just the drivers?

Hope that makes sense!
Old 06-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

I think, from any seat in the car - with 'Driver door unlock only' enabled, that when trying to open doors the first pull on the opening handle undoes the deadlock, the second pull will open the door. ie you need to pull the door open latch twice.

NB make sure rear child locks are set to off! (in rear door, not iDrive)

Surely in case of accident all passengers should be able to get out of the car this way

I don't think anything needs to be reconfigured.

I think the sensor for the lock/unlock switch on the dashboard must relate to the drivers door, ie if it is open then that is sensed so locks, or if it is locked then will open............

She could of course press the lock/unlock button before she turns off the ignition to open evey door.

Hope this helps, experiment !
Old 06-17-2005, 03:01 AM
Senior Members

If I am not wrong, you can input your choice from the i-drive. Just go to the vehicle settings and you can select whatever you require.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GB525dTour' date='Jun 17 2005, 11:41 AM
I think, from any seat in the car - with 'Driver door unlock only' enabled, that when trying to open doors the first pull on the opening handle undoes the deadlock, the second pull will open the door. ie you need to pull the door open latch twice.

NB make sure rear child locks are set to off! (in rear door, not iDrive)

[snapback]140328[/snapback]
thats the problem, they are on and need to stay on which means using the door handles is out unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jun 17 2005, 12:01 PM
If I am not wrong, you can input your choice from the i-drive.? Just go to the vehicle settings and you can select whatever you require.
[snapback]140334[/snapback]
Not quite unfortunately. From what I've found so far there are only a couple of options available which relate to door locking and these I've so far failed to achieve the desired result. That said if there is anything I've missed then please do shout!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='Jun 17 2005, 05:19 AM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Jun 17 2005, 12:01 PM']If I am not wrong, you can input your choice from the i-drive.? Just go to the vehicle settings and you can select whatever you require.
[snapback]140334[/snapback]
Not quite unfortunately. From what I've found so far there are only a couple of options available which relate to door locking and these I've so far failed to achieve the desired result. That said if there is anything I've missed then please do shout!
[snapback]140337[/snapback]
[/quote]
I set the Opening from Outside (with remote) to drivers door only. One press of unlock does drivers door, two to get passenger. That it does ok. It still locks the doors after driving off (not sure if it is a specific speed or immediately). At ignition off doors remain locked until two pulls or using Central unlock. Is this the desired result u are trying to achieve? Or am I different cause I only have 2-doors?
Old 06-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:47 AM
I set the Opening from Outside (with remote) to drivers door only. One press of unlock does drivers door, two to get passenger. That it does ok. It still locks the doors after driving off (not sure if it is a specific speed or immediately).? At ignition off doors remain locked until two pulls or using Central unlock.? Is this the desired result u are trying to achieve?? Or am I different cause I only have 2-doors?
[snapback]140370[/snapback]
no, that's another us - eur thing .
Old 06-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Senior Members

if you set the i drive to unlock divers door only it will only do that door when you press the button on the key, two presses opens all doors, likewise choose to lock doors on drive of , it will, when you stop and take the key out the ignition it will only un lock the drivers door, simple
Old 06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by tonye60' date='Jun 19 2005, 12:37 AM
if you set the i drive to unlock divers door only it will only do that door when you press the button on the key, two presses opens all doors, likewise choose to lock doors on drive of , it will, when you stop and take the key out the ignition it will only un lock the drivers door, simple
[snapback]140849[/snapback]
Here is where you set it.
Door Locking and Un-locking-2004manual_5series_page_030_image_0001.jpg
Old 06-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Contributors

thanks. I'd managed to find that out, the problem is we can't get the combination we want. It seems we can have:

a) doors lock on drive away. single key press unlocks all doors. all doors unlock on turning ignition off.

b) doors lock on drive away. single key press unlocks drivers door. drivers door unlocks on turning ignition off.

but not

c) doors lock on drive away. single key press unlocks drivers door. all doors unlock on turning ignition off.

so we've settled for a) in the end

Quick Reply: Door Locking and Un-locking