E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Problems with V.19

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I've noticed 3 issues since I got upgraded to V.19

1. Bluetooth no longer works. It's there in the menu but I can't get the darn little checkmark in the box.
2. Radio sound will go "dead" for about 7 seconds every now and then.
3. Nav-lady no longer talks. Her voice gets replaced with an odd and annoying static sound.

At least the SMG shifts seem quicker.

Anyone else oth there experience the same?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

I'd guess that your tech botched the install. He may not have selected the right set of S/W modules for your specific car and you now have some that are older and incompatible with the newer ones. Take it back and have them do it right. Also, make sure they give you a nice loaner to compensate for their screw-up.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Members

I have the same problem with the radio
Old 11-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I've got static on AM, but since I don't listen to AM it's OK.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

A few SIBs on these matters:

SI B 65 24 05
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors October 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Static Between Words on AM Radio

MODEL
E90 (3 Series) with SA 609 Navigation

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 Navigation

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
The customer may complain when listening to AM radio, there is excessive static between the words on talk radio.

CAUSE
Software error in CCC (Car Communication Computer)

PROCEDURE

Update the complete vehicle per SI B09 05 01 (Coding, Individualization, Programming) Procedure B, using CIP 19.1 (Target Data Status E060-05-09-530, E89x-05-09-530) or higher.

----

SI B65 26 05
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors October 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Audio Switches off Briefly when Listening to FM Stations

MODEL
E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E63, E64 (6 Series)

E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

SITUATION
The customer states that after setting a radio station preset with RDS (Radio Data System) active, and then deactivating RDS, the audio mutes briefly while the customer is driving. CCC-ANT FC "DACA watchdog reset" is stored.

CAUSE
CCC Software error. The problem only occurred after the vehicles software was updated using CIP 19.1.

PROCEDURE
Do not replace any parts.

Advise the customer to deactivate RDS before the station is stored and this problem will not occur.

This problem will be corrected in a future CIP version.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
For information only

------

SI B65 28 05
Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors November 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
CCC: Radio Station Preset List Intermittently Empty

MODEL
E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation

E63, E64 (6 Series)

All vehicles produced from September 2005, or older vehicles that have been updated with CIP 19.1 or later.

SITUATION
The stored radio station list (presets) is intermittently empty. The radio stations stored are not displayed in the CID (Central Information Display). It is still possible to change the stations using the steering wheel buttons. The audio still functions correctly.

CAUSE
Software error in CIP 19.1 or later.

PROCEDURE
Do not replace any parts.

The station list will be displayed again if the audio source is changed and changed back again (e.g. from FM to CD and back to FM again).

If changing the audio source does not provide a solution, program the complete CCC again using the "software update" path, then carry out a 30 minute battery reset and then perform a complete vehicle encoding.

This service information will be updated once a software solution is available.

Looks like a couple caused by CIP 19.1 (their reference).

Hope this helps
Old 11-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Thanks cobradav,

The FM presets were set prior to RDS but I'm still having the issue.
I've never used AM. Does it have AM?

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure that my SA gets the info.

Anything on the nav lady disappearing?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Black/Black 530i with anthracite wood, Navigation, Sport, Premium, Premium Sound, Rear Sun Shades, Satelite radio.

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='202230' date='Nov 22 2005, 04:02 PM

1. Bluetooth no longer works. It's there in the menu but I can't get the darn little checkmark in the box.
3. Nav-lady no longer talks. Her voice gets replaced with an odd and annoying static sound.

I just picked up my car from Pacific BMW in Glendale - this is by far the WORST SERVICE DEPT i have ever experienced. I dropped off my car 12 days ago for a couple of rattles (main one on the back deck-they replaced rear sun shade), creaking door seals, and software update due to the trunk opening randomly. When i picked up my car, I have the same 3 problems mentioned above and the rattle is even worse than it was initially. Horrible!!! I would never go back to this dealership again but since i bought it from there, they are the only ones who will give me a loaner car.

Considering it took 12 days to "fix" the problems, and any future problems could also take some time, I am forced to go to a dealership that will give me a loaner car. BMW North America needs to make loaner cars available at any dealership and they also need to correct problems at the crappy dealers.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by zift' post='202306

I just picked up my car from Pacific BMW in Glendale - this is by far the WORST SERVICE DEPT i have ever experienced. I dropped off my car 12 days ago for a couple of rattles (main one on the back deck-they replaced rear sun shade), creaking door seals, and software update due to the trunk opening randomly. When i picked up my car, I have the same 3 problems mentioned above and the rattle is even worse than it was initially. Horrible!!! I would never go back to this dealership again but since i bought it from there, they are the only ones who will give me a loaner car.

Considering it took 12 days to "fix" the problems, and any future problems could also take some time, I am forced to go to a dealership that will give me a loaner car. BMW North America needs to make loaner cars available at any dealership and they also need to correct problems at the crappy dealers.
[/quote]
You are right. Your service was horrible. To avoid such situations, I have learned to manage my service department--the key to which is, as far as possible, not let them put you at their mercy. Accomplishing this feat is not always easy. Good luck with them in the future.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Members

I have the exact same problem w/ bluetooth since the latest software upgrade - it's not working and it won't let me check the box to re-enable.

I might show this to the dealer - maybe this is a fix:

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/bullet...mp/B840105g.htm

How do I find my Chassis No.?

No radio problems as you describe, and I don't use nav voice, so don't know about that issue.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by TXPearl' post='202468' date='Nov 23 2005, 10:36 AM
How do I find my Chassis No.?
It's the last 7 digits of your VIN...