E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-LCI Business Navi upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..
Thumbs up

Has anyone with a pre-LCI e60 with Business Navigation tired to upgrade to a new Progman (CID) version. the new silver one with the maps..
or is that not possible..

i think my car is in version 24.x, last update was about a year ago i think
thanks..
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

anyone?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

I have pre-LCI e60 and have Sat/Nav (not sure if the thing we get is business nav) and I have upgraded to the new silver screen. No dramas, everything works.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by faarcanal' post='527407' date='Feb 5 2008, 09:53 AM
I have pre-LCI e60 and have Sat/Nav (not sure if the thing we get is business nav) and I have upgraded to the new silver screen. No dramas, everything works.
do you have the big screen with the slpit feature where, you have one thing on left side and another right side? if so you have the professional navigation that most people have...
in Business navigation we only have arrow views... so i was hoping someone chaged to the silver screen idrive... even if he had not got the map feature?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by madoon' post='527416' date='Feb 5 2008, 07:01 PM
do you have the big screen with the slpit feature where, you have one thing on left side and another right side? i
Yup, sorry.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2004 530d. Poverty spec

Do a forum search for "retrofit professional navigation" - there are many threads. You need quite a few parts (the 9" screen for a start!), although there are a few people that have done it successfully. Investigated it myself, but decided it would be too complex/expensive, to be honest.

Andrew
Old 02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by boltoa' post='527434' date='Feb 5 2008, 02:37 PM
Do a forum search for "retrofit professional navigation" - there are many threads. You need quite a few parts (the 9" screen for a start!), although there are a few people that have done it successfully. Investigated it myself, but decided it would be too complex/expensive, to be honest.

Andrew
im no trying to upgrade business navi to professional ..im trying to see if its possible for me to get the silver i dirive screen...

if you had any thoughts about upgrading from business navigaton, you only need a few part, not so hard to do.. but perhaps expensive yes... but sometimes you find the parts real cheap on ebay..
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

Originally Posted by madoon' post='527623' date='Feb 5 2008, 05:20 PM
im no trying to upgrade business navi to professional ..im trying to see if its possible for me to get the silver i dirive screen...

if you had any thoughts about upgrading from business navigaton, you only need a few part, not so hard to do.. but perhaps expensive yes... but sometimes you find the parts real cheap on ebay..

not sure..bas ahlan beek ya Brince!!! lol
Old 02-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d

This is definitely worth of studing. Basically all business navigation intelligence in build in M-ASK central uni and the recent versions of PROGMAN are suitable both for LCI and pre-LCI cars. BUT, but: e60 is nightmare when we talk about parts compatibility. Even if connectors are still same, you have a latest progman version, it might be impossible get LCI M-ASK coded to your car.

But if somebody gets access to LCI business navigation M-ASK unit, I like to hear experiences. Map visibility is a huge step forward.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vesil' post='528815' date='Feb 8 2008, 04:28 AM
This is definitely worth of studing. Basically all business navigation intelligence in build in M-ASK central uni and the recent versions of PROGMAN are suitable both for LCI and pre-LCI cars. BUT, but: e60 is nightmare when we talk about parts compatibility. Even if connectors are still same, you have a latest progman version, it might be impossible get LCI M-ASK coded to your car.

But if somebody gets access to LCI business navigation M-ASK unit, I like to hear experiences. Map visibility is a huge step forward.

Hi! Any progress on this topic? Does anybody know how to upgrade pre-LCI to display 2D maps?
I went to my dealer and they did an update to the iDrive. I do have now the version with the silver "i" button in the main screen but there is no 2D map in the navigation menu. They told me is the latest version they have but they have no clue if it is possible to enable the 2D map display on an pre-LCI.

Quick Reply: Pre-LCI Business Navi upgrade