E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Please Advise with software issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530d sport Titanium Silver with Auburn leather Media pack, visibility pack, tv, m spoiler, advanced aircon, high gloss, manual Gear box, heated seats

Hello to all,

I have a 530d built May 2006 with professional nav, logic7 and tv function in the UK

I currently have no reception on the radio and the tv, my first thoughts was that it was a problem with the antenna.

I took my car to my dealer to address this issue under the warranty, they had a car for a whole day.

Their response was that the problem was software related and they need to upgrade to the latest version, this was 2 weeks ago. They could not do anything at the time since the new software is not available, and they told me they will call me when they have the new CD from BMW AG.
This was two weeks ago and I called them today and still no news of when I am getting my software upgraded so I can enjoy radio and TV, having spend so much money on a new car I like things to work, if they don't I expect them to be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, so I am unhappy about the current situation.

And the whole thing does not make sense to me, I work with software myself so I am struggling to understand the way they are doing things:

1. When I bought my car everything was working
2. If there is a problem with the software, provided there are no hardware faults surely they can restore to the original state with an old or current software version.
3. If they can not there must be hardware problems, since it worked before

Is anyone able to give me some advise on this matter please:
what would you do in my position?
should I complain to head office?
does the dealer diagnostics make sense?

Many regards

Bruno