E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pics of my new UK E60 Sport....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corgidog' post='788486' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:41 AM
Black looks great and the wheels are a nice touch. De-badged already?

When you debadge, everyone already knows its a 520 or 525, otherwise, why the heck would you debadge in the first place?!?!! lol

Like, if I had a 550i, would I debadge it so everyone would think it was a 520? No!

(this is why I'd never debadge my car)
Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Members

Thanks for the comments guys, seems a really decent forum so far....

In answer to your questions the car is carbon black. Still shines fantastic and looks great when cleaned up...

As to the debadge, I actually prefer the look of the car and the smoother profile it gives without the model badge.....This was the reason I opted for this plus in the UK at least, I think you gain more respect driving a nice torquey diesel model than the equivalent petrol version....I just think it goes to show how far diesel engines have come on these days....

I say diesel all the way plus it was interesting to read in BMW Car magazine there was a group test between a 335i Coupe and a 335d coupe and on a track the diesel model edged the petrol version. This as well as an increased MPG and more torque again highlights how well dieseld have come on...
Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Members

When you debadge, everyone already knows its a 520 or 525, otherwise, why the heck would you debadge in the first place?!?!! lol

Like, if I had a 550i, would I debadge it so everyone would think it was a 520? No!

Totally disagree here. I am on my 3rd BMW. I have debadged the first two (a loaded 530i and a very, very well equipped E70 4.8i). The only reason I have not debadged the third is because it is a M5. And, quite honestly, it is the only badge that is suitable, IMHO, to remain on the car.

We recently traded our E70 to a 2009 MB GL550, fully optioned and $87000. I debadged that beast first thing when I got home. Not for shame, mind you, but because it looks alot cleaner.

So, for a great majority, it is about how the car looks rather than to hide what model you drive. I think that is just a lame argument.

J
Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

Originally Posted by Dan's BMW' post='788574' date='Feb 9 2009, 04:19 PM
Lovely car. Black looks great, it was my first choice. The wheels really set it off a treat. Hope you are happy.

Off topic (slightly) Can the rear badge be removed easily? Is it just a stick on on?
easy to do boiling hot water and then you can pull them off, use some t cut afterwards then polish then wax...job done. Lol at the M% comment some people just have no idea! nice car though :-) i luv LCI rear lights!!

debadgeing cars is fun i'm gonna stick a 520 on the back of mine and go and have some fun!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

Originally Posted by RSTurbo50' post='788740' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, seems a really decent forum so far....

In answer to your questions the car is carbon black. Still shines fantastic and looks great when cleaned up...

As to the debadge, I actually prefer the look of the car and the smoother profile it gives without the model badge.....This was the reason I opted for this plus in the UK at least, I think you gain more respect driving a nice torquey diesel model than the equivalent petrol version....I just think it goes to show how far diesel engines have come on these days....

I say diesel all the way plus it was interesting to read in BMW Car magazine there was a group test between a 335i Coupe and a 335d coupe and on a track the diesel model edged the petrol version. This as well as an increased MPG and more torque again highlights how well dieseld have come on...
kind of see your point but a diesel will just never sound as good as a petrol but then it all depands what your after as both have pro and cons main thing is that you happy :-)

anyway sod that what mods have you got planned you cant leave it standard!!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Congrats! Looks nice with the M172's. Is it manuel or auto? Diesel torque is nice but I prefer the petrols simply because they sound better.....
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 530iA 2003Sat NavComfortseatsLeatherGlas sunroof

Nice car.One of my friends also has a 520d. He is very happy with it. Hard to belive such a big car doesn?t drink more diesel.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='788755' date='Feb 9 2009, 04:43 PM
Totally disagree here. I am on my 3rd BMW. I have debadged the first two (a loaded 530i and a very, very well equipped E70 4.8i). The only reason I have not debadged the third is because it is a M5. And, quite honestly, it is the only badge that is suitable, IMHO, to remain on the car.

We recently traded our E70 to a 2009 MB GL550, fully optioned and $87000. I debadged that beast first thing when I got home. Not for shame, mind you, but because it looks alot cleaner.

So, for a great majority, it is about how the car looks rather than to hide what model you drive. I think that is just a lame argument.

J

Good argument.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Members

Its a manual.....I was tempted to go for the auto but need as much MPG as possible so opted for manual..

Im thinking of maybe getting the ECU remapped once it has covered some miles but to be honest at the moment, Im happy with her and dont plan to change anything exterior wise as its just how I wanted it....

Having problems with the stop start cut off though i.e. when you disengage the clutch at a set of lights I thought the car should cut out?? Then once you engage the clutch it fires up? Its not doing this though.....thoughts?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='788693' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:01 PM

I guess this is an individual taste. I have always debadged all my cars. Only two I have ever kept on the car was a GTi badge and the M5 badge. All the rest I would take a dental floss to it or if I remember ahead of time, to have it debaged from the option list when ordering the car.

I have a 535d and like some others here, the very first thing I did was to remove the badge. I just like a non-fussy rear end. 535d is just too many chrome letters for me.

And just so others know, I found this 535d the hardest to remove the sticky glue that remains after ripping off the letters. I still haven't got around to fully removing it cause its too cold for me to go outside and work on it. What a reall bugger. Like an alabama tick (words from the movie Predator.).

cheers.

Quick Reply: Pics of my new UK E60 Sport....