E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up my car this post Thursday...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

It got so many bells and whistles that it took me 2 days to get comfortable with them (and I'm a computer geek!)

Over all recap:

HUD: Great love it! wish it included the turn single indicators and wish it was adjustable, I'm 5"7" and I find myself having to adjust my head to see the speed.

NAV: GREAT had some issues with the car the other night turned it on and the BMW splash screen stayed on the screen and wouldn?t go away and the HUD display was displaying to fasten seat beats in German! I restarted the car and it didn't happen again, weird! I also had an issue trying to cancel a destination; it took a while to get the voice to shut up talking.

Premium Sound System: LOVE IT, glad I got it

PDC: How can anyone NOT get this option? Being only 5'7", I can't see the front or rear bumpers. On the first night I got the car I was backing up the car and the PDC saved my rear! Literally. I didn't see a telephone pole that I almost rammed into!. The PDC started screaming and the display was all in red, thank god I had the PDC option!

Fold Down Rear Seats: The trunk in the E60 is big as it is, and with the rear seats folded down, I can store at least 3 more bodies the trunk !

I purchased some Style 124 rims from AAA Rims and put them on the first day, I'm having an issue with vibration around 50 mph, had it rebalanced the next day but it still happens. AAA Rims stats that they have to send me some type of rings to put in the rims to stop it from happing, they stat it is a known thing with the E60. So I'm waiting for the rings, hopefully it will stop it from vibrating. Other than that the car look awesome with the rims!

I also added the rear reflectors and I?m thinking about debadging it.

When I drive this car down the street people stop and star at it!

I promise to post pics soon but I?m waiting for a sunny day to take the pics.

Talk to you soon!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on receiving your car. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

MARCUS and I are awaiting our ED 545i, they are currently on board the Jupiter Diamond. We hope our cars arrive at our Dealerships by 20 June 04. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Waiting for those pics,