E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

When people cannot tell the difference between an Mtech front bumper and an M5 front bumper... its annoying when people constantly say, why are you trying to get an M5 kit, just buy an M5..

Its not an M5 front!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i' post='626436' date='Jul 17 2008, 10:06 AM
Jersey drivers?? You guys might know how to get around the city but thats about it. I think most left lane hogs on the highways are either from NY or PA.
Sorry, just calling it how I see it.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

What really get on my nerves, especially lately, is when someone ask me what kind of gas mileage I get. My question to them is, why do you give a fu**. If you really need that info, go online and get it. Or is that you just want to talk how your little Prius or whatever piece of sh** you drive gets 100 miles per gallon. FYI, I don't care want kind of mileage I get or what anybody else gets either. All know is I love driving my BMW. That is what is important to me, not gas mileage. By the way, I rented a Prius for a weekend and my opinion is that the Prius is a total piece of crap to drive. So what if it gets great mileage. It gives me great pleasure (and my wife as well) when I see someone driving a Prius, that they are currently being tortured by the most uncomfortable car seats ever made and that the car as the handling characteristics of a horse-drawn carriage (I wonder which one gets better gas mileage?).

OK, I'm done.

Sorry for the ranting, but think I am suffering from full-size SUV withdrawal. I think I will go check out the new Toyota Sequoia 4x4 to help me feel better.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

People sitting in the left lane (outside lane) on the autobahn, day dreaming / site seeing / on the phone / playing with themselves, and the inside lane is empty I wish I could send them bills for my break* pads! When are BMW going to offer those James Bond cannons for the front of the car? No need to fit the active distance control module, just put the cannon there instead!

(* sorry, couldn't resist spelling it that way )
Old 07-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i' post='626436
Oh! I just thought they had RHD cars in NY and PA...
Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='626534' date='Jul 17 2008, 12:16 PM
People sitting in the left lane (outside lane) on the autobahn...
Isn't that illegal?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

It is, but does not come with much of a penalty as far as I am aware. In Germany they have a very stong focus on drivers driving to close to the car in front to "push" them out of the way, i.e. sitting on their bumper, putting their indicator on, flashing them etc. There is basically a zero tollerance attitude from the police. However they also realise that if someone is just going to sit in the left lane, at some stage the driver behind will be forced to push a little so the driver in front gets the message / notices that the person behind wants to pass. You hear of police also penalizing these left lane drivers, but chances are the car that "pushed" the car sitting in the left lane will be the one that gets pulled over!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='626534' date='Jul 17 2008, 09:16 AM
When are BMW going to offer those James Bond cannons for the front of the car?
I've felt that way many times myself! I can't believe people would just chill in the lane like that. That is definately not a safe thing to do. Some people need to get a brain.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I completely agree with the whole "you have to be a baller" (rich) to have a nice car... Ever hear of hard work or saving money? I get that a lot at work. The funny part is, I am in the Army. Everyone knows exactly how much I get paid. Even better, people that out rank me tell me the same thing. Like they forget they make way more money than I do...

DRINK WATER!

Tonymac
Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i Monaco Blue

I hate it when my co-worker always brings up the fact that I drive a "B.M.Weeeew" every time I am introduced to someone for the first time. I feel like saying "WTF its not because I make so much more then you a$$white, but rather because your to much of a dumb sh!t to manage your finance so that you could do the same.......and.......and even if you did fall over some capital you would probably go out and buy a freaking Pontiac and dump another 10k into it tricking it out."

But I don't I just stand there smiling.

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves