E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Parking Lot Idiot

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011 | 06:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by VTCMart
That is exactly why I park WAAAY in the back and walk...
Ditto!
Old 02-15-2011 | 06:17 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Nothing like a 10 mile walk lol...I park waaaaay back
Old 02-15-2011 | 06:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Is your trunk monkey on vacation? People are idiots. Nothing surprises me anymore
Old 02-16-2011 | 10:11 PM
Contributors

I don't know, I may have developed thick skin as I aged. If he starts denying, I don't think I would have been able to hold myself down--it would have been "unattended acceleration" of my arms! It is beyond words, just when I thought I've seen it all in life.

Originally Posted by G530
Oh man, you got the worst luck this month, K ! How did you keep your cool?
10 miles haha, you mean walking to the park?

Originally Posted by Krozi
Nothing like a 10 mile walk lol...I park waaaaay back
Old 02-21-2011 | 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by VTCMart
That is exactly why I park WAAAY in the back and walk...
Same here. Those BMW sales guys don't tell you this at the time of sale, but your bimmer comes with a built in treadmill for FREE!
Old 02-21-2011 | 04:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Silber-grau/grau. Vanilla flavored except for cold WX pkg.

I park WAY in the back of the lot also. However, everytime I return, some idiots have parked on either side of me with attendent door dings. No one else around but three cars, mine in the middle. Some kind of human herding instinct. As a famous anthropologist once said, "Humans were a good idea in the beginning."
Old 02-21-2011 | 04:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
I park WAY in the back of the lot also. However, everytime I return, some idiots have parked on either side of me with attendent door dings. No one else around but three cars, mine in the middle. Some kind of human herding instinct. As a famous anthropologist once said, "Humans were a good idea in the beginning."
Old 02-22-2011 | 04:59 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon

Absolutely correct!! I park WAY in the back, and invariably there is some landscaper who parks his truck, trailer with all it's loose tools in the back right next to my car, or the person that drives the hoopty who I surmise parks next to me just to piss me off. Can win for losing!

Now I look for someone with a nice car, or another luxury vehicle, and park next to them. Funnily enough, sometimes you will see a cluster of BMW's, Benz and Audi's all parking together as if to protect each other from all the other cars........
Old 02-22-2011 | 05:06 AM
Senior Members

I forgot to say that I don't only park WAY back.

I also park over two spots straight or diagonally.

That makes you a parking lot idiot too, but If someone complains, you can always just apologize. Better than a damaged door and $2000 body shop bill.

I keep hearing arguments that a car is just a piece of metal, so what's the fuss - but for the sake of principles, that's like throwing a 200 pound rock over someone's house roof and then say "oh it's just the hole, what's the problem". People should just learn to open their doors like humans, not like retards, and the world will be a slightly better place to stay.
Old 02-22-2011 | 09:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kreveta
I forgot to say that I don't only park WAY back.

I also park over two spots straight or diagonally.

That makes you a parking lot idiot too, but If someone complains, you can always just apologize. Better than a damaged door and $2000 body shop bill.

I keep hearing arguments that a car is just a piece of metal, so what's the fuss - but for the sake of principles, that's like throwing a 200 pound rock over someone's house roof and then say "oh it's just the hole, what's the problem". People should just learn to open their doors like humans, not like retards, and the world will be a slightly better place to stay.
Parking diagonally and taking two spots is asking to get your car keyed.

Quick Reply: Parking Lot Idiot