E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Parking Lot Idiot

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was one of those nice warm & sunny day here in San Diego. Just had lunch...everything's all good until I saw my car. I am like WTF? This brought flashback of my hood that got keyed a few months ago. So I waited to confront the driver of the vehicle. Saw a man probably in his 40s with his wife started putting stuff in the back like nothing had happend. I got out of my car to the front and waved him over (no I didn't use the middle finger). I asked him do you see something wrong here? Not sure if he understood me clearly--I thought I heard uhhhh no. So I pointed, look here, you hit my car; your front end is touching my car. He then said he is sorry. I continued....so you ran over the side curb, went over the line, hit the car and not notice anything??? He said he didn't know he hit the car and kept repeating he is sorry. Got tired and fed up with this idiot...told him to stay away from people's cars. Yeah, like it is going to sink in with him.

No profanity was exchanged. Offcourse, I'm very mad and upset with this whole situation. I had the bumper repainted about 20 hours prior to this incident and this arrogant had to come along the very next day. The plate frame took the force, some scratches...other than that everything else looked okay. I noticed his car had all sorts of cracks & marks on his front and rear bumpers. I guess he could care less about his car and more than freely use his car as a "bumper". It is annoying but we will always have this particular breed of people around us. No respect and a complete disregard for others properties.

Parking Lot Idiot-parking-lot.jpg
Parking Lot Idiot-parking-lot2.jpg
Parking Lot Idiot-parking-lot3.jpg
Old 02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

What an idiot..
Old 02-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

... WTF ... ... that's just wrong ...
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

How retarded! Notice his wheels are straight, so he most probably ran over the curb for unknown reason AND hit your car WITH the momentum from that curb (I don't think he braked soon enough - that's why he hit your bumper).

Still not enough? He didn't even TRY to reverse and go back!

It's not different in Europe even though it's much more complicated to get a driving license here (serious tests to pass, mostly on manual transmissions). For this reason I try to park far from the mall's/structure entrance with less cars on the lot section whenever possible.

Check the side clips near the wheels - often the bumper looks undamaged but clips tend to crack.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

you had every right the slash his tires and feel good about it
Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 530i and '99 E46 328i

That is exactly why I park WAAAY in the back and walk...
Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RootKit
It is annoying but we will always have this particular breed of people around us. No respect and a complete disregard for others properties.
+1 My friends make fun of me when I park far from other cars in a parking lot. It's for this exact reason.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Members

Location: Santa Fe Springs (SFS) - L.A. (SoCal) USA, North America, EARTH

You might want to look into those bumper guards people use in NYC if you're going to park in crowded spots bro.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Contributors

I would've probably used a lot of profanity.

What an idiot.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Parking in the back worked out well until my hood got badly keyed in daylight. Now I park where it is more visible, and I get this.

Originally Posted by VTCMart
That is exactly why I park WAAAY in the back and walk...

Quick Reply: Parking Lot Idiot