E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Parking Lot Idiot

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Debt
Parking diagonally and taking two spots is asking to get your car keyed.
True, unfortunately. Depends on the location though.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bad Debt
Parking diagonally and taking two spots is asking to get your car keyed.
+1. I don't take up two spots for that reason alone. For some reason a lot of jerks feel like they are justified in making the 600 yard trek to the mostly deserted part of the parking lot just to teach us BMW snobs a lesson. Yes I feel so sorry to be alive and to take up precious air from mouth breathing idiots who want to intentionally damage my property.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Contributors

Yes, the overwhelming concensus here is to park FAR AWAY like another planet. I have learned no matter where you are, surviving members of the Homo Habilis human species like to move around and bump into people or cars. Wouldn't it be an inspirational moment?... to see an "Act of God" take place--a bolt of lighting from the sky to toast that person in their track!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Members

Before I realized I could actually buy a BMW(All those wasted years!), I had a jet black 98 ford taurus. Had that thing for 4 years, paid cash for it. I would park that thing right in the middle of the battle zone(Grocery Stores, Micro Centers, Best buys,etc...) and wouldn't you know I never got ONE effing Door ding????
Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

damn dude that sucks im sorry u had to go thru that. mother fuckers
Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

When my wife & I go somewhere, most of the time I drop her off in front, park out of the way, & keep my heart in shape with a brisk walk. Then when we are done, I take another brisk walk, pick her & the pkgs up near the front. And don't even try going to any home improvement centers with your ride. I have seen so many nice cars parked next to a raggedy work truck with some clown loading building materials right next to them. I take my truck, or call a friend.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Silber-grau/grau. Vanilla flavored except for cold WX pkg.

Originally Posted by Eloise550i
Now I look for someone with a nice car, or another luxury vehicle, and park next to them. Funnily enough, sometimes you will see a cluster of BMW's, Benz and Audi's all parking together as if to protect each other from all the other cars........
Hey, Great idea! I will try that next time.

Another thing I try to do is park on the left of some kind of barrier. A planter, etc. When someone parks next to you on your left there is a 100% chance there will be a driver, but on the other side (barring English drive or someone who backs in). Unknown percentage on passenger but at least it reduces the chance of a door ding.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Members

I know how you feel as i had my whole car resprayed and the day i got it back from the garage an idiot scraped my rear bumper in the petrol pump, got money out of him though, as he had a shitty banger and didnt want to go through insurance, was really pissed off so took it back the next day.

also after bringing it back again i left it parked next to my house and when i came back i found the car parked behind me scratched my car while parking (evidence was my paint was on his bumper and his paint was on mine), i waited around but the driver was no where to be seen so what did i do 'I KICKED HIS FUCKING FRONT DRIVERS WING AND DOOR IN LEAVING SOME NICE FUCKING DENTS'

thatS what some of these idiots deserve.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

oh my god what a friggen asshole!!... Some people really need a good old fashioned backslap, nice and hard...
Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2007 LCI 530d M SPORT, Carbon black, black dakota leather, Media pack, Visibility pack, elec mem heated seats, lumber support, high beam assistant, 172M Spider wheels, M-tech spoiler, piano black trim. Sun protection glass.

what a fool! sad thing is that a lot of people have no respect for other peoples property. On my previous E60 someone scraped the rear apron (doing some stupid 3 point turn) and drove off when it was parked in a car park....no respect!!

for years i park in a distant corner in any car park and walk, only to find that some heap of crap parked next to me when i return! you should of got the guy to pay for the fix.

Quick Reply: Parking Lot Idiot