E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

panoramic sunroof stuck in tilt open position

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 535xiT (E61) prem & sport package
Default panoramic sunroof stuck in tilt open position

hi all, got the wagon model...
i wanted to open my sunroof today, but it wouldn't open. i could tilt it up/down, but not open. no motor sounded, as if there was no juice. so i forgot about it and went to work on other stuff.
However, my problem got worst as i couldn't close the tilt either. so for now my sunroof is stuck open in tilt position. i've tried the initialization, but I can't get past the first of two step process. On the first step it tilts up/down and when i go to step two nothing happens.
i've tried taking out the two fuses related to the sunroof waited a minute and reinserted them and retried the initialization. but that didn't help either.
I have a warning on the dash regarding the pinch protection is off on the sunroof.
is there a way to manually close the sunroof? and retry initialization?
any other things i should be looking into?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

Originally Posted by E61-2007
hi all, got the wagon model...
i wanted to open my sunroof today, but it wouldn't open. i could tilt it up/down, but not open. no motor sounded, as if there was no juice. so i forgot about it and went to work on other stuff.
However, my problem got worst as i couldn't close the tilt either. so for now my sunroof is stuck open in tilt position. i've tried the initialization, but I can't get past the first of two step process. On the first step it tilts up/down and when i go to step two nothing happens.
i've tried taking out the two fuses related to the sunroof waited a minute and reinserted them and retried the initialization. but that didn't help either.
I have a warning on the dash regarding the pinch protection is off on the sunroof.
is there a way to manually close the sunroof? and retry initialization?
any other things i should be looking into?
I had the same problem a couple times.. but think i got lucky,,, it went away by just shutting the car off, then back on. it worked both times it happened. if u open ur trunk get in to the first aid tool compartment . ull find a little crank tool to manually close the sunroof. just pop open the plastic cover and ull see a slot for the tool ,, just crank it closed..
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

if you press the button and hold for 30+ seconds it will cause the reset program to run and it should fix it