E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastboyuk' post='458554' date='Aug 14 2007, 02:42 PM
It's a fantastic spec. mate.

The only big options I didn't go for were Comfort Seats and Dynamic Drive. Comfort Seats are I'm sure really comfortable, but I tried normal seats in a 520d M Sport and they seemed excellent. Also, I thought if I go for Dynamic Drive, it's only going to give me a false sense of security and encourage me to drive even more mentally than I already do.

Spec. is below. Let me know what you think. If there's anything really obvious, I can still hopefully add it in...

Colour: Deep Sea Blue

Rear Side Airbags,
High Beam Assist,
Metallic paint
M Rear Spoiler
Active Cruise Control
BMW Assist
Interior Light Pack
Head Up Display
Dakota Leather
Media Pack
Heated Front Seats
Space Saver Spare Wheel
DAB
Individual Audio System
Sunroof
Visibility Pack
Heated Rear Seats
BMW Online
Electric Rear Sunblind
Through Load Facility
Electric Front Seats
TV Function
Electric Fold Mirrors
High gloss black interior trim
USB Interface
Sport Function on gearbox with S/W mounted gearshift paddles
19' Wheels
Total price was ?48,626, Discounted from ?55,572. Not a bad deal I reckon

That is a good deal, I reckon you got a better deal than I did from the same dealer, but not that different to be honest. I haven't got heated seats, no electric rear sun blind, no rear side airbags and no TV function, also I have the logic7 rather than individual, I do however have the comfort seats and active seat backrests, I paid ?48,008 (from memory). Thus far, the service has been very good despite a rocky start as per my own thread about options dilema's. I need to give them a call in the next week or so to see if they have an update on my delivery date. Currently it's set for the 30th September, but they were hoping to accelerate that if at all possible due to the delays with my order. What delivery date did they offer you by the way?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mogsyman' post='458655' date='Aug 14 2007, 07:50 PM
You guys don't want to hear this but I have had my 535d M Sport for about 8 weeks now.

4500 miles of fun with the sports gear box and enjoying every mile.

I popped along to DMS today and they had a little play and now the car absolutely goes like a rocket......

Approx 340bhp and millions of those torque thingies! That said in the wet today it was wheel spinning in 1st, 2nd and 3rd when leaving roundabouts!

I guarantee you will love the 535d, run it in and get it chipped............you know it makes sense

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... noooo ... must resist spending ?42k + DMS ... out of interest mogsyman, is it mental beat most stuff on the road type quick after the DMS treatment, I've heard some impressive stories?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 1996 525 M Sport Silver Grey on Beige

Originally Posted by RussellFray' post='453963' date='Aug 1 2007, 10:05 AM
I did consider those, but I'm already stretching the budget quite a bit more than I wanted to! I also thought that out of all the options, a wheel change would be quite easy to do in the future if I wanted to. I was contemplating ditching the HUD and getting 19"s, but realised me personally would get more out of the HUD than the slight bigger wheels. I only have 17" at the mo on my E60 so the jump to 18" will be nice as it. And, personally, I _love_ runflats. A few weeks ago I was driving at 90mph, sorry I meant 70mph (officer), on a long motorway trip. The "flat tyre warning" message pinged on to the idrive. The car felt no different, but it kept beeping at me so I slowed down to 50mph and stayed in the first lane. I was only 15 miles away from my destination so carried on going and headed to the place I was having a meeting at. After the meeting, I found the local BMW dealer, satnavved my way over to have it checked out, to be told I had "several large screws in BOTH rear tyres". Obviously a lorry had shed its load on the motorway or something. I dread to think what the outcome would have been of two rear blowouts at that speed, and it's convinced me that runflats are a very good thing. Sure, the ride might be a little harder, but the trade off for safety and convenience is great. I mean, not only did I not die, but I also got to my meeting on time!
You may not like the RF's in 18" as much. I changed mine and it has a far superior ride (but a lot or our B roads are crap and tramlining was also an issue). No doubt there are the safety benefits although modern tyres seem to rarely 'blow out' so suddenly you will loose control - more often just deflate.

All that aside did you have to replace the rear tyres? Here they seem to insist apon replacement rather than repair which costs big time!

PS: The car sounds great!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Scooter' post='458759' date='Aug 14 2007, 05:23 PM
All that aside did you have to replace the rear tyres? Here they seem to insist apon replacement rather than repair which costs big time!
Yes - two replacements, total bill ?410.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bardel' post='458749' date='Aug 14 2007, 05:29 PM
That is a good deal, I reckon you got a better deal than I did from the same dealer, but not that different to be honest. I haven't got heated seats, no electric rear sun blind, no rear side airbags and no TV function, also I have the logic7 rather than individual, I do however have the comfort seats and active seat backrests, I paid ?48,008 (from memory). Thus far, the service has been very good despite a rocky start as per my own thread about options dilema's. I need to give them a call in the next week or so to see if they have an update on my delivery date. Currently it's set for the 30th September, but they were hoping to accelerate that if at all possible due to the delays with my order. What delivery date did they offer you by the way?
10th October. I'm praying I'll get it earlier. I know my build date is mid September. Anyone know if that means I should get it earlier?

Are you dealing with a guy whose first name begins with "V"?

Also, I've added Comfort Seats now, thanks for this forum...
Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Contributors

I don't think you will get it before 10th October, in fact if your build date is mid September, you should be looking at mid to late October for delivery. My ETA is build early-mid September, with delivery early-mid October. It is 4 weeks (minimum) from build to delivery, as they have to be shipped from the USA by boat.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='458911' date='Aug 15 2007, 04:30 AM
I don't think you will get it before 10th October, in fact if your build date is mid September, you should be looking at mid to late October for delivery. My ETA is build early-mid September, with delivery early-mid October. It is 4 weeks (minimum) from build to delivery, as they have to be shipped from the USA by boat.
No mate, 535d is built in Dingolfing factory in Bavaria, Germany. It wouldn't be more than a week for delivery.

AFAIK only X5 and X3 are built in the USA.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Contributors

Ooooh really? I didn't know that ... suddenly I am thinking about a factory collection option ... either that or I need to get on to my dealer and ask for earlier delivery!! Woohoo I'm happy

PS - I just added sports transmission to my order
Old 08-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='458913' date='Aug 15 2007, 04:48 AM
Ooooh really? I didn't know that ... suddenly I am thinking about a factory collection option ... either that or I need to get on to my dealer and ask for earlier delivery!! Woohoo I'm happy

PS - I just added sports transmission to my order
Good man: you won't regret ordering the sports transmission. I think it will help with residuals as well.

I was wondering about factory collection. If you get anywhere with it, please let me know as I would definitely be up for that!

In fact, here's a link to where your car is being built. You can even watch videos of the production line!

http://www.bmw-plant-dingolfing.com

Happy surfing!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Contributors

I've just spent 90 minutes on that site - it's great! Thanks.

PS - price for Sports Transmission is now ?100 (despite BMW configurator still showing ?70 as I type). Apparently the price increase is effective for cars built from 1st September onwards. Pah.

Quick Reply: Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)