E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I've not been a particularly active forum member, mainly just reading rather than posting. I joined in '04 shortly before ordering the first E60 (525d SE) and have been grateful for the information on this site! Got our 2nd E60, a 530d SE about 12 months ago. Both E60's have belonged to my wife, until about a month ago when we traded my Volvo XC90 for her new E70 (X5), so I've inherited the 530d.

I was very happy with it, thinking that I would keep it for another year or so. But then "irmclarke" comes online and announces that he is just ordering a 535d through drivethedeal who are offering HUGE discounts. So I logged on, specced up a nice new 535d, and realised I could get one now. DOH!

So, now I have the "new car bug", and am going to buy one. Spec so far is as per below. Anybody want to comment / or just generally convince me it's a really good idea and to go for it? I have included the BMW online configurator price for the car, and also the drivethedeal price. I have been quoted ?21.5k sale price for my 530d from "www.wewillbuyyourcar.com" - I will probably sell it elsewhere but it gives me a good indication of it's value, and if all else fails, they will buy it for that price.

BMW 535d M-Sport Saloon Auto
Metallic Titanium Silver
Black Dakota Leather
M L/Alloy Wheels 135 8Jx18"
Visibility Package (Xenons, washers, adaptive lights)
Media Package (Satnav, Bluetooth, 6-CD)
Auto dim int/ext mirrors
Comfort Seats
Front Seat Heating
Extended Interior Light Package
High Beam Assistant
Head Up Display
USB/Audio Interface
BMW Individual Audio System

Total BMW price : ?50,295.00
Total DriveTheDeal price : ?42,133.11
Saving : ?8,161.90 !!

I have purchased a car through DriveTheDeal before so have no problems using them.

The only slight thing I am pondering over is the colour. First E60 was black (non metallic), current one is titanium silver. I love the silver so think I'll stick with it, but am tempted with a darker silver/grey or possibly the metallic black. Living in the UK though, I think silver is the sensible choice.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Looks like a great spec at a great price.

As for colours, mine is Sapphire Black and it's a pain in the **** to keep it looking good - and our weather here is pretty much the same as what you get in the UK. If I had a choice again, I'd be going for the silver or dark silver.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:32 AM
jcp
Members

My Ride: 530i M Sport Touring LCI. Platinum Gray. Beige Dakota leather. Brushed Aluminium trim. Media package. Side blinds. Auto dim mirrors. Comfort seats. Storage compartment pack. Extended interior light package. HUD. DVD prep in rear. IPOD interface.

Have you considered Platinum Grey? It does show the dirt a little, but looks REALLY good (IMHO).
Old 07-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Go for silver - I'd forgotten just how good silver can look until my wife got her X3. My car is silver grey and it just looks dull by comparison (although that could be because I haven't washed it in months!).
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Members

?8k is a monster discount!

I've got a 535d on order. I didn't get as big a discount as that, but I did order from my local dealer as I was uncomfortable spending such a large amount of money on an internet order and concerned about customer service levels on such low margins.

This really played into my hands in my scenario as described on my thread here. I don't think I would have been able to do this with an internet based order firm or come out with the right resolution for me, the customer service really played out for me!

That said, I still got ?5k off the car and my configurator price was ?53k from memory.

Getting really impatient waiting for mine now!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Members

I pick mine up on Saturday and the best I could get nowhere near 8k in discount. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Members

Russell you complete bugger ! looks like you are going to beat me to it as if I'm anything like my normal self i'll umm and ahhh for ages before actually doing anything!

Looks like a great spec. I've struggled with the colour myself, I want Carbon black as I think it looks great but I just know it will show the scratches / dirt etc. and I'll end up wishing I had'nt bothered. Sliver is a bit too light for me so it will have to be Space or Platinum grey I think.

No 19" wheel upgrade??

Ian.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Contributors

I can feel myself getting closer, I'm going to do it... ! Regarding the issue with an internet firm, all they do is introduce you to the dealer - as soon as the introduction is made, you talk directly with the dealer, and can drive over and see them if you want - the cars come from a main UK dealer just as if you had ordered it directly. The only slight issue is that the dealer might be far away. When I got my Audi, the dealer was based in Dundee (I'm in Manchester) so I never went there in person. But as soon as you get the car you can get any warranty work, servicing, etc etc done from your local dealer anyway. You never pay any money to drivethedeal, you pay a ?500 deposit to the dealer and then don't pay them the balance until after the car is delivered to your doorstep
Old 07-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by irmclarke' post='453718' date='Jul 31 2007, 02:30 PM
Russell you complete bugger ! looks like you are going to beat me to it as if I'm anything like my normal self i'll umm and ahhh for ages before actually doing anything!

Looks like a great spec. I've struggled with the colour myself, I want Carbon black as I think it looks great but I just know it will show the scratches / dirt etc. and I'll end up wishing I had'nt bothered. Sliver is a bit too light for me so it will have to be Space or Platinum grey I think.

No 19" wheel upgrade??

Ian.
Lol My wife wanted your username last night so she could send you a message and call you something a bit worse than a bugger hehe. I've got 17" wheels at the moment and they are ok, jumping to 18" will be fine for me My wife has 19" on the X5 and they look huge!

The main thing that's making me order it sooner rather than later is the fact that I'm not sure how long the large discount will last for. When I was having a "little browse" around drive the deal a couple of months ago, there were huge discounts on some cars which no longer have meaningful discounts at all, and some cars which had tiny discounts now have massive ones. I would be gutted if I dwelled on it for a few weeks/months, made up my mind, hit that "quote me" button and found out the large discount was no longer valid. ?8k is like a years depreciation (ish) and it's just too good a deal for me to ignore.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Contributors

OH BUGGER. I've just ordered it ! Still, it's early days yet. Have to see what the small print is regarding the finance agreements and all that kind of thing. I'll start getting excited once I have a copy of the order from the dealer, and a signed and accepted finance contract

Quick Reply: Ordering new 535d Sport Saloon (UK)